MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

I Hope You Are All Happy To See Me

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cheryl Allen

Cheryl Allen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

:rolleyes: I have had a very hard last couple years and have been in and out of the hospital. I was even put in a mental ward even though that was not the problem. They finally figured out I was having strokes. They are called Tia's or mini strokes. Unfortunally it left my right leg in a conundrum. I am completely paralized from the knee down and pretty much paralized from the thigh down. It spare my arm but my speach is difficult and I have to work hard for anyone to understand me.

my migrians have gotten worse. And I miss all you guys!!!

hugs

Cheryl Allen

Doo Drop Inn Parrot rescue and rehab.:D

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear about all your issues, Cheryl. Glad you're back! :)

#3 LuvMyHarley1

LuvMyHarley1

Harley's Mom Julie

• Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well--Well--Well, Happy Returns Sweetpea........Glad to see you got in here, how did you do that, lol....anyway---it's nice to see you are operating again....

Tell us about your birds; you have a lot to talk about, so get busy girl....... :P :rolleyes:

#4 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear about your Strokes, and the issues caused by them.

You'll find that a lot of people are no longer here, but a lot have joined. It's still a great place to sit-n-talk. Grab a cup, and join in. :)

#5 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

glad to see u are back take care of your self and prayers for you. its no fun being sick ive been there i have a sever heart condition but im manageing well enough.

#6 Julies Jungle

Julies Jungle

Julie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

Welcome back. I look forward to hearing about your flock. My Dad has those TIAs and they really cause haovac.

#7 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

Welcome back, Cheryl!!

#8 Dave

Dave

Official Bird-Brain

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

Welcome back, Cheryl! :D

#9 Cheryl Allen

Cheryl Allen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

I am finally typing a litte faster but if is still so hard compared to before. I didn't use to have to think about each key I touched, it was just natural, but now I have to look at the keys and hunt and peck and look in the dictionary alot. (is is alot or a lot?)

My speech is better Julie, harleys mom can tell you that. She can understand me now. I use to call her and she couldn't wait to get off the phone. Now not so much. LOL

I have 3 rescues now that I plan to be forever birds. Well the cockatiel Grumpy might be a tempory arrangement, unless I get more attached. He is growing on me, FAST! Maggie my Citron Cockatoo stole my heart on the car trip home from picking her up. She was free to me as I came highly recommended. Popeye cost me $700 to cover some of the medical bills and I understand why- he has cost us was more then that in medical, and derible medical equipment. (misters, bathing bowls, other things) I will try to put pictures in here. Good to be back.

I have changed so if you expect the same old Cheryl suprise, the stroke changed me inside too. I am happier even though I now suffer from severe depression, and other mental conditions. I will fill you all in when I get comfortable. It's not something I am proud of. My seizures are worse so they put a pace maker in for my brain, It's called a vagus nerve stimulator. Big problem is I haven't been able to see the neuroligist in about 6 months because of stupid doctors not doing their job.

Cheryl Allen

#10 Julies Jungle

Julies Jungle

Julie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Well I am glad you are back and making progress. Look forward to hearing your stories. Post some pics when ya get a chance of your flock.

#11 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Good to see ya Cheryl. Sorry about what you are going thru....