MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

My Baby Bella

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mommy2bella

mommy2bella

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Last Sunday we brought home a new dog, his name is Jack, he was a really good dog, and very cute and obedient. We have had our quaker about 4 years now, her name was Bella. I have 2 other dogs, and although my one would pay her some mind, they never bothered her much and Bella had her wings so she could fly and usually stayed up high. Well, anyways, about Tuesday I decided to let Bella out of her cage because I was cooking she was always a little beggar, I thought she would come over and sit on my shoulder. she flew around the house for a minute, then sat on top of her cage, but then she made the mistake of flying over to the back of the couch where she sometimes sat when i let her out. I was right there watching her, and so was my daughter, but right after she landed, Jack jumped up on the couch and bit her. After he bit her she flew across the room and sat facedown. at this point i was hysterical and i went and picked her up and seen that she had a bite in her chest and was bleeding. There was nothing I could do, she just died in my hands. It all just happened so fast that I couldn't even believe what just happened. I should have just left her in her cage, I feel so bad. IT WAS MY FAULT. She was everybody's bird, and she could be handled and talked to everyone in the house, but she was really my bird. She said so much. She would always tell me "I love you when i told her I love you. I just can't believe she is gone and the house doesn't even seem the same without her. Needless to say, we are getting rid of Jack, because I really want a new quaker. I'm just so scared that i'll never find another as good as her.

I'm so sorry Bella, I just don't know if i am ever going to be able to stop crying about her. I really hope I can find another Bella.

Attached Files

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm so sorry! How heartbreaking. I know why you blame Jack, but really, he didn't know any better. Now you know he can't be trusted around birds, though, so if you're planning to get another, it's probably best to find him a home without any birds in it.

#3 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

So sorry for your sad loss.

#4 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, it only takes a split second for something to go wrong. I know you will miss Bella terribly and will beat yourself up about it. However, it is what it is and you cant change it so try not to dwell on who's to blame. When you are ready, get a new quaker - I know it wont be the same as Bella - but they all have their own personalities and I promise you, you will fall in love again.

#5 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

so sorry for your loss

#6 Julianna

Julianna

Adv Member

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Awwwww.. that is so very sad... poor Bella.. and poor you. (hugs).. I love the name Bella... it means beautiful girl. God bless you both.

#7 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you miss Bella terribly.

When the time is right you can get another bird and will learn to love it as much as you did Bella.

#8 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I have been thinking about you. Are you okay?

#9 mommy2bella

mommy2bella

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thank you for thinking of me, I am still very sad about Bella, but each day gets a little easier unless I think about it or look at her picture. I still just can't believe my Bella is gone. I am so ready for another, but looking for the right bird at the right price too. I miss you so very much Bella, and I am so sorry. Jack has went to live with my father-in-law, so i'm glad i can still see him sometimes too, but I really really miss my Bella.

I have been thinking about you. Are you okay?

#10 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I am so pleased you are looking for another green and grey terror. I know it wont be the same as Bella but I do know that something wonderful will come your way :)

#11 Birdysue

Birdysue

Adv Member

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

There are so many things that can go wrong when we have birds. We could leave them in their cages but they wouldn't enjoy that much.. Most of us have things that can do them harm and we do our best to protect them but its not always possible. We had Dory fly out the door once and lost her for over an hour.. It was a miracle that we found her. I am so sorry that this happened.

#12 AgapeLoveAi

AgapeLoveAi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

Thinking of you today. So sorry for your loss.

#13 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Dont blame yourself, I have almost stepped on Cadbury a couple of times, and I know I may be taking her life in my hands when I take her outside on my shoulder, but it is always a fine line between making their life as enjoyable as possible and as safe as possible isn't it? There is no point in having a bird that lives only in a cage. Hope you find your new love soon. Nic.