MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Posting Negative Reviews - Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shelly

Shelly

Forum Founder

• Owner
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:02 AM

Dear QP Friends,

As you are probably aware, our forum guidelines prohibit posts that are defamatory. I know that's a big word, but it basically means posts that are slanderous or that may harm another person's (or organization's) reputation. This guideline is for YOUR protection as well as the forum's.

It doesn't really matter that you would win the case in court if hiring a lawyer and fighting the lawsuit drains your bank account or puts you into bankruptcy. There might be a few people on this forum that have the financial resources to fight a lawsuit from a large company, but I'm going to guess that most of us don't.

Just last weekend I received an email from someone threatening to sue over something that was posted on this forum, and it's not the first time. Coincidentally, I visited a blog that I like to read from time to time and found that they were discussing the same issue. (If you're interested, visit ProBlogger.net.)

Of course, we all really appreciate it when someone posts a warning on the forum about a product that may be dangerous to our fids. We absolutely want helpful posts like that to continue being posted on this forum.

What I'd like to suggest is that we leave the company and product name out of the post and just describe the situation or danger. This will still educate our forum members on what to watch out for, and that's really the most important thing, right?

Thanks everyone for your help with this, and also for reporting these posts to me as well as the spam posts we sometimes get. I really appreciate all that you do to help keep this forum a great place to visit.