MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Our Beloved Pompie Has Passed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jwwork56

jwwork56

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hello:
We lost our beloved Pompie the day after Xmas. We miss her so much. She was 7 yrs. old. We took her to the Vet. and he did an xray on her, and she had a large mass in her right lung. She had such a hard time breathing. We love her soooooooooo much. Anyway, we are looking to have another baby. We want to get a baby to hand feed and raise like we did Pompie. The Vet did tell us that Pompie was a he. He checked him when we had him over there. If you have anywhere that you know of where we can get another baby, please let us know! We live in Ohio. We had gotten Pompie in Fla. There was a lady that we knew of in SE Indiana that had them for sale. If she sees this, maybe she could get ahold of me. The bird we got off of her lost his life a few years ago. But we are interested in getting another baby. So, please contact me.
Thank You:
jwwork56@yahoo.com

#2 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

so sorry for your loss!!

#3 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

SO sorry about Pompie. Posted Image

THIS POST mentions several breeders in, and near Oh, and you may find more by Googling. Include near-by States in your search. ;)

Edited by jaytee, 30 December 2011 - 02:12 AM.

#4 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

Why not adopt a quaker so many need homes I'm sure....and so sorry for your loss :(

#5 jwwork56

jwwork56

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Is there one that doesn't bite? My husband told to get a baby because it seems like when you hand rear them, they are less likely to bite and they are more tame.

Why not adopt a quaker so many need homes I'm sure....and so sorry for your loss :(