MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Msv And Sammie

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MsViv

MsViv

Adv Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

1. What is your first name and general location?

My name is Vivian but go by MsViv or MsV and I live near Tulsa OK.

2. What do you do for a living?

I drive a school bus

3. What are your (other!) hobbies?

I have done many crafts over the years.

4. Share something interesting about you.

I graduated last Sept, at the age of 62, with an AS in graphic design. I decided that I wanted to do artwork, mainly landscapes. I always said I wasn’t able to do animals or people. A friend of mine asked me to do a painting of her double yellow-headed Amazon. I told her I’d like to try. She was so happy with my work that she talked me into doing more bird paintings and I will have them for sale at the Tulsa Bird Fair Sept 10th. Currently have 13 done. :)

5. What is your biggest passion within the subject of birds/bird keeping?

I love the way they each have their own personality.

6. What species are your birds, and how did they get their names?

My first Fid was Tino and he was a Latino tiel. My daughter named him. He passed about 4 ˝ years ago. Recently I got my blue Quaker baby. Since I don’t know if “she” is a girl or boy I named her Sammie figuring I wouldn’t have to change the name after I have the DNA done.

7. What is the favorite toy for your flock?

Sammie doesn’t have one yet.

8. What is your flock's favorite food?

Sammie isn’t weaned yet so I am feeding her formula mixed with her pellets. I have seeds available but want to keep those as a treat.

9. Share a favorite bird story.

My story is about Tino. He rode with me when I was a truck driver and it was cute to watch the faces of the kids as they rode by my truck. I could read their lips when the saw Tino on the dash… “Mama, she has a BIRD”. :o One time I had to have some work done on my truck and left Tino with my sister-in-law to baby sit. When I got back she laughed and told me this story. She put Tino in a back bedroom and told her dog to stay out of the room. She found dog in the room and shooed her out. Little later found dog in there again. Dog usually stayed out of that room so she watched and Tino was whistling so the dog was “coming” to the whistle.

10. How long have you been keeping birds?

Tino was my first. My daughter and I shared him. When she needed to give him up I took him and I gave him back when she could take him and then I had to take him back again. She said we had joint custody. :P:rolleyes:

I have only had Sammie a couple weeks.

11. What sparked your interest in them?

As a kid I had a babysitter that owned a parrot of some kind. I was only 6-7 and thought I would like to some day have my own.