MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Fids Say The Darnedest Thing!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

These are great! And birds are smart!!! First time I took Kiwi to get her wings/nails clipped she was second up and it was unfortunate she watched another birdie. As they clipped away my Kiwi started yelling OU! OU OU. She always knows when to say it! She laughs when I laugh, which makes me worse! lol Says.."Hello Kiwi pretty boy" (she is a girl) throws kissies when asked. And picked up "What"? from my son when I call him and Hu? from him as well. In fact, sounds exactly like him and answers for him too! Never a dull moment! Posted Image

#102 charlieschum

charlieschum

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Charlie is a 1 yr old Quaker and is beginning to talk a lot. About a month ago I was cleaning his cage and he/she was on top of the cage. He says "What ya doin?". I say, I'm cleaning your cage. I'm making it nice and clean. He says "Good girl". I was so surprised and said "your so funny - hahaha. He immediately laughed right back! Nothing like having a conversation with your birdie :lol:

#103 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Don't you just LOVE it!:wub: NO one can tell me they don't know what they are sayin!:lol:

#104 murph

murph

Adv Member

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

you're so right! nothing like having a converstion with your bird.that is just why i got nemo in the first place.when hubby became more interested in tv then me,i needed someone to talk to.

#105 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:16 PM

...when hubby became more interested in tv then me,i needed someone to talk to.

Posted Image :blush:

#106 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

I feel your pain murph

#107 Cheryl Allen

Cheryl Allen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Popeye the wordy bird making sounds...

Popeye loves to mimic other animals. The most annoying sound a frog!!!!!!

Attached Files

#108 jelly-cuh

jelly-cuh

Adv Member

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

When Chiwis (my chihuahua) got close to Piojito the first few weeks she was getting settle in I would tell chiwis "no chiwis no chiwis"

So now when she sees my doggy getting close to her she tells her "Chiwis No chiwis!!" lol and my Chiwis stays at a distance watching herPosted Image

She also tells me no biting after I let go of her beak

And i really think she believes my little sitters name is bootychatter (I call my sister that playing around) Now every time Piojito sees Genesis she yells BOOTYCHATTER lol and we laugh and she laughs tooPosted Image

And now that she sees Chiwis means no harm Piojito tries to play her hissing game with her (chiwis has no clue whats going on she just naps) Piojito tries to share her toys with her and tries to play toggle war because she's seen me play like that with chiwis and she even goes to her and gives her kisses and runs away lol but again chiwis just ignores her Posted Image lol

#109 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

So glad you, your flock, and pack are getting along. :) Just a word of advise.......... dogs/cats, even Humans, have bacteria in their mouths, that can be lethal to fids. :o

Have fun, but be cautious a bout saliva. ;)

#110 Bella's mum

Bella's mum

Adv Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

This thread is very entertaining, I have been laughing while reading them all and hubby is looking at me like I am nuts.

Niki my 10 yr old quaker just passed away in June. I had him from a baby and he was an excellent talker and was always saying things at the right time.
I would go behind our bar that is just outside my bird room and Niki would shout at me "wanna drink" then my african grey would pop like a can opening and then make a pouring noise.

when I was cleaning Niki's cage he would say "uh oh, oh dear did a poo poo" I would say yes you did a poo poo, and he would say "you had better clean it" then laugh.

he would throw toys on the floor and say 'go get it, pick it up"

If I sneezed he would say "bless you, gotta cold? need a doctor" well one day I was telling him bye bye as I had to go out to the doctors, he said "gotta a cold" he was a smart bird!

He liked to sit and watch Hockey and would shout "go leafs go"

Of course if I was on the phone he would also chatter, "yes, yes ok" etc but when he got fed up of me talking he would shout " bye bye, talk to ya later" in a very loud voice.

He would shout of my dog Brandy and then pelt her with toys.

I now have a new qp Bella, it would be really nice if she learns half of what Niki could say, she knows up up and I am sure she was clucking at me yesterday and started trying to say I love you. Niki would say "night night, see you tomorrow, I love you" everynight before bed.

I miss my little green chicken, but he still makes me laugh when I remember everything, including "no don't bite" after he took a chunk out of me lol.

#111 Nyenna

Nyenna

Adv Member

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

This thread is entertaining, for sure. Pepper's favorite phrase? What the f. And it's not censored. My friend thinks she heard her say what the f you mother f-ing son of a b... Again uncensored. I'm guessing it was during the two hour conversation I was shouting at an ex (he had been keeping tabs on me.. We hadn't spoken in months, and was acting somewhat pedophilic when we stopped talking.. So not the best thing to hear, that they have your number and know what you did over a vacation that wasn't posted anywhere). Sometimes when Tom and I are in bed talking, and start laughing over something, she'll join in, which only makes it more amusing. Or even if we don't, she'll laugh if she finds something amusing. (Like the cat running into the door.) If I leave the room, and she doesn't agree, she'll shout to come back, same if I'm on the phone with my mother and let her talk to Pepper.

She'll also say thank you if you give her something (like a strip of paper, one of her favorite things), and you're welcome if you thank her.

Edited by Nyenna, 07 December 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#112 Fostermom

Fostermom

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

We get our first Quaker Parrot boy today, and I can't wait to post his first words here.  His name will be Sky Blue Beachbiggrin.png

#113 QuakerFriend

QuakerFriend

Adv Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

When I was at the parrot conference, a moluccan too started screaming at the video of a talking amazon. The owner had to take her away to quiet down, as she was leaving "goodbye!"

I also knew a caique that talked up a storm, he would wolf whistle, pretty bird, stinker, stinker butt, stinker bird, what a stinker, etc.

Once he got scared and jumped off my hand. He landed in a corner and got lint in his face. I took it off and he said "thank you". Never said it again lol.

Thor the grey says thor bird, meeeooow, hi, hi there, smoke alarm, whistles, and said "watch out" when a budgie was flying around that got out by accident. He also liked to tell me "go away"

"Bob" the quaker at Hoffers just mumbles, but I could swear he told me to "c'mere" once. He loves me xD not even cage agressive :) makes my life easier haha.

Edited by QuakerFriend, 01 April 2014 - 08:08 PM.