MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Matt

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 matt_803

matt_803

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

1. What is your first name and location?
Matt - Elgin, South Carolina

2. What do you do for a living?
Cad Design, Web Design, and many other computer related things.

3. What are your (other!) hobbies?
Boating, Fishing, Computers, and spending time with all my animals.

4. Share something interesting about you.
Im kinda boring lol

5. What is your biggest passion within the subject of birds/bird keeping?
People that do not care about animals should be punished just like if they mistreated a kid or some other person. To me its just like having a kid. Animals depend on you to keep food and water out and also keep them up to date at the doctor. I adopted a cat that was 7 years old and about two weeks after I had her she got an ulcer in her eye. It cost about $500 to get her better and we had to doctor her 3-4 times a day. When I tell some people they ask why I would spend that much money on an animal.... Because when you get an animal you take on the responsibility to care for them. To many people go out and get animals because they are cute and then a week later they don't want them anymore.

6. What species are your birds, and how did they get their names?
I have a Quaker. I still don't have a name :( They person that had the bird called it rainyday but i really don't like that name.... I guess her son named him and I know its bad to change a name but I really don't think they did much with this bird to begin with.

7. What is the favorite toy for your flock?
I have only had him a few days and dont have to much for him yet but he has played with the mirror and the bells.

8. What is your flock's favorite food?
Clyde and Jade love potatoes, Clyde especially. They all like pumpkin seeds. Freddie gets so excited over pumpkin seeds that he squawks even while he's eating it. public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

9. Share a favorite bird story.
Dont have one yet ;)

10. How long have you been keeping birds?
This is my first real bird.

11. What sparked your interest in them?
I have always loved birds. My mother in law was a breeder for years so I have been around them most of my life.

#2 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

Nice to meet you Matt...I'm Diane. I share your interest in animals as well as your philosophy! Welcome. Hmmmmmmmmmmm "Jade and Clyde" sound familiar????

#3 murph

murph

Adv Member

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

nice to meet u as well matt.you're in for a wonderful experience with your new found friend!!

#4 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Nice to meet you Matt...I'm Diane. I share your interest in animals as well as your philosophy! Welcome. Hmmmmmmmmmmm "Jade and Clyde" sound familiar????

I think he cut and pasted my entry and forgot to delete my answer to that question! :D

#5 matt_803

matt_803

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

I think he cut and pasted my entry and forgot to delete my answer to that question! :D

lol I did copy one because I liked how the questions were bold so when I was reading I just hit copy and paste. I was at work and in a hurry. I guess I skipped one;P

I just went to edit it and it will not let me;(

Edited by matt_803, 17 March 2011 - 05:12 AM.

#6 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

OH! Was thinkin Matt might be a chip off the ol' block there! Morning guys!!:rolleyes:

#7 Ter

Ter

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

welcome :)