MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

New Blog Article: Parrot Screaming - Causes & Solutions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Shelly

Shelly

Forum Founder

• Owner
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:22 AM

Many years ago I heard bird expert Mattie Sue Athan describe this time of year as "the screaming season." She was referring to the time of year when the days start getting longer but before spring officially hits. The phrase has stuck with me as each year around this time I see many Quaker owners come to the forum in search of help with screaming issues. Unfortunately, there are no quick and easy solutions for parrot screaming, but hopefully this article will help you understand why birds sometimes scream and some things that may help. The following excerpt sums up the article:

My husband and I live with 8 Quakers, and while we have our noisy times, the majority of the time it is fairly quiet in our home. These methods really do work, but they do not work overnight. Once again, patience and consistency are the keys. And it helps to remember all of the wonderful qualities that our Quakers have to offer - and that we humans are not so perfect either.

Read the full article: Parrot Screaming - Causes and Possible Solutions