MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Chloe

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gypsie&Tango

Gypsie&Tango

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yesterday afternoon at around 2.30 pm, my darling Chole was hit by a car right outside my home and died within minutes. My mum came over to visit and Chloe pushed her way through the screen door and ran out to greet my mum and her 2 dogs, before i had a chance to grab her or even call her she saw a little boy walking down the other side of the road and took off like a shot to go say hi...

she was about half a meter onto the road when a car ran strait over her, head first. I couldn't stop screaming. i saw the whole thing and she wouldn't move... 

we rushed her to the vet but she was already gone. 

I loved my baby, she got me through so much depression and so many stressful times - i will never stop missing her. 

RIP Chloe, you will be missed each and every day. 

Laura, Andrew, Gypsie and TangoAttached File  IMG_20130706_221651.jpg   190.62KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20130808_171713.jpg   162.59KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20130923_062134.jpg   91.02KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20140124_071935.jpg   184.92KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20140115_070951.jpg   129.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20140121_095827.jpg   125.81KB   0 downloads

#2 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I am so sorry.  Sending hugs your way.

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Oh, how AWFUL. I'm so sorry, both that it happened and that you had to see it happen. Big hugs. She was a sweet-looking baby and obviously very much loved.

#4 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

My sympathy for your heartbreaking loss.

#5 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

My deepest sympathy for your sad, sad loss. Chloe was a beautiful little love.

#6 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a dog is so hard, and losing it unexpectedly and in that way is especially difficult to deal with. Accidents happen, and its nobody's fault.

She was adorable, and it's clear she had a wonderful life with you.

Lindee

#7 Gypsie&Tango

Gypsie&Tango

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

thank you to everyone who has commented - your thoughts and words mean so much. 

we have been mourning our loss and missing Chloe keenly, we hate the silence of the house and the empty spot in the bed... we have had every opinion under the sun thrown our way - get another dog, wait a while, never get another dog etc... but a lovely gentleman we spoke to from Pets in Peace suggested we do what was right for us and what we needed in order to grieve. 

growing up, both andrew and i always had multiple dog brothers/sisters, so in those sad occasions we lost a dog we were able to seek out the other canine members of the family for some support. now we are married and in our own home, Chloe was our only dog and we are feeling her loss worst of all as there is no other canine to snuggle with who will just love away our tears. so we discussed the possibility of adopting a new baby into the family and decided that we would when the opportunity presented itself, no matter how soon or far away. 

then sunday evening we were made aware of a 10wk old cavalier king Charles spaniel who was the last in his litter to be sold. he was the runt and a sooky little thing and the breeder was being very choosy about his new home. we were put in touch with her and decided to go see him as it was impeccable timing and felt a bit like fate. we were, however, prepared to walk away if it didn't feel right or feel like it was a good fit. 

however, we got there and i sat on the floor - he came right over and climbed into my lap and began licking my face. Andrew and the breeder tried to tempt him with food, toys, treats and games to run and play with them but he wouldn't leave me, coming back when i put him down off my lap. we were there like that for 15 minutes before Andrew left to find an ATM. so we ended up with a new family member - much sooner than we thought it would happen - but he is so gentle and seems to understand that i need comfort. he is beautiful. i will attach a pic...

we have also had some fairly harsh opinions flung at us by people who thought it was too soon, too much and us trying to replace chloe (not possible). the main people being andrew's parents. which is hurtful and makes the pain worse. we will try to ignore those people though...

with love, 

Laura, Andrew, Gypsie, Tango and Bandit

Attached File  bandit.JPG   19.88KB   0 downloads

#8 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Welcome to Bandit! smile.png What other people think or say about your getting a new canine friend so soon doesn't matter. If you feel that it was the right thing to do, then it certainly was right.

#9 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

I got Shah about a week after losing one of my cockatiels - I wasnt looking for another bird - he picked me.  Life is like that.  If you get an animal that bonds with you straightaway, then go for it.  If you listen to what everyone says, you will never do anything.  Besides, it is your life, not theirs.  Congratulations on your new baby, Bandit who looks adorable.

#10 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Bandit is gorgeous! Congratulations! Grief for a companion animal is always so hard. I know by the photos how much Chloe was loved. She will never be replaced in your hearts. We all have to process grief in our own way. There are no instructions and no right or wrong way. Bandit will help you through this sad time like no human can.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Anonymous

I hope you find some comfort in those words. I did when the poem was given to me. Life is far too short a journey without a dog to walk with you. Remember that you were worthy of Chloe's love and devotion and you will be worthy of Bandit's as well. Giving a dog a wonderful life is a beautiful thing.

#11 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

He's beautiful, and I love little Cavies!

And it sounds like he knew he was meant to be yours. Chloe wouldn't want you grieving for her without comfort, so I think she would *approve* of you getting another dog when the timing felt right.

I'm so glad you and Bandit have each other now. smile.png

#12 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Of course he doesn't replace Chloe. You can't "replace" a beloved friend and family member. He simply happened along to take his own, unique place in your lives. Perhaps the breeder was being so choosy because YOU had not yet showed up to claim YOUR dog! 

We always have more than one dog, or try to, because you're right; when one passes on, it helps immensely to have one who is still there to offer comfort.