MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Brady Bunch Eye Roll

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cindi&Jeriel

Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

I was watching reruns of the Brady Bunch today.....hey! don't judge...it was early, and I couldn't find the remote wink.png

Anyway, Little Bobby sprained his ankle. So Mike, in his infinite wisdom, brought home a parakeet to help him feel better. The remainder of the episode, Bobby carried the bird around in a little travel carrier, except for the two scenes where the dog was chasing it. blink.png

Impulsive pet shopping....not new, and not seeming to improve even since the 70's. I wish all people put the necessary thought into bringing a pet into the family.

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

I thought I'd seen every episode of the Brady Bunch multiple times, and I don't remember that one.

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

The Brady Bunch?  Holy cow, is that still running? 

#4 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Here's a story of a lovely lady, who was bringing up three very lovely girls

All of them had hair of gold like their mother, the youngest one in curls

There's a story of a man named Brady, who was living with three boys of his own

They were four men living all together, yet they were all alone

'Til this one day when the lady met this fellow

And they knew that it was much more than a hunch

That this group would somehow form a family

That's the way they all became The Brady Bunch

The Brady Bunch...

The Brady Bunch...

That's the way we became The Brady Bunch!

Sorry if some words are wrong, I'm going from memory... LOL

• Cindi&Jeriel likes this

#5 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Dani, you have left me speechless smile.png

#6 msdani1981

msdani1981

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

LOL My family watched reruns of that show all the time!! :D

#7 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm dazzled too, Dani! :)

Isn't it great how TV continues to promote excellent pet care? My flock's favorite animated movie is Rio. The hyacinth macaw gets a cup of cocoa and a chocolate chip cookie at the beginning of the movie. Some things never change.

#8 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

TV shows and movies are very big on having birds in tiny cages as set dressing. On Sons of Anarchy, which I refuse to watch anymore because they hit a pigeon with a motorcycle in the season finale recently -- and even if it was camera tricks, it was still egregious and made me furious -- the lead female character has a crow. In a cage about right for a budgie. And they never show the crow being let out of the cage and I can't see any food or water. Granted, they show the crow only rarely and the purpose of him being there at all is a mystery, and they must take care of him, but it sets a bad example.

#9 msdani1981

msdani1981

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

I can't remember what movie this is, it's one that I own...but there's an aquarium in the background of one particular scene and it makes me happy every time I watch it because I've tried really hard to find the fish in the aquarium, and there aren't any.  The aquarium is all set up and decorated, but there's no animal in it. :)

#10 Cindi&Jeriel

Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Siobhan, that is awful! I agree with you in that it sets a bad example.

I remember when the live action version of 101 Dalmatians came to theatres. The puppies were so cute. Well, less than a year later the local animal shelter was full of young Dalmatians that had been given up because they actually acted like real puppies. Furthermore, they are not really considered very child-friendly pets. But, no research left dozens homeless.

By the way....Brady Bunch reruns play early weekend mornings on TV Land :)

#11 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Now that Christmas is over, I think the animal shelters are gearing up to get all the Christmas gift puppies, kittens, bunnies and birdies that will be dumped as soon as the *new* has worn off.....or they make a mess in the house.

This weekend the hubby and I watched Solaris, and I lost track of the movie because all I could see were two parrots in a small canary cage hanging in the corner of the room.....the whole movie these poor birds were cramped up in that cage flapping their wings. I sure hope somebody on the set was taking care of them between shoots.ohmy.png

#12 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

That's exactly what the shelters are doing. People just don't think things through. They have no idea that puppies poop and they poop wherever they happen to be when they need to poop, unless you teach them, gently and patiently and over several days or weeks, that they should tell you they have to go so you can take them outside. All they see is a cute face and a wagging tail and for some reason they expect them to behave like plush toys. When the kid's tired of it, they can just set it in the corner. OY.

#13 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

It's hard to believe people are so easily influenced. The shelters prove again and again that they are. The three that top my list are, Baretta, Beethoven, and Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
How many Cockatoos where wild caught and imported as a direct result of Baretta? How many St. Bernard's where dropped off at shelters at six months old because, who knew they would get so big? How many chihuahuas where sent to shelters because they refused to wear shoes or dresses and they were difficult to potty train?

You're so right, Lindee. By March a lot of those living, fluffy, feathered or finned Christmas presents will need new homes.

I stopped watching Solaris before it was over too.

Edited by Allee, 30 December 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#14 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm old enough to remember when Disney's Lady and the Tramp came out, and suddenly everyone had to have a cocker spaniel.

Cocker spaniels were so overbred that the breed still hasn't recovered - and so many of them died in shelters and pounds because the backyard breeders just churned out as many as quickly as possible.

Ditto the Taco Bell chihuahua.

Ditto the dalmations, and all the other dogs that Disney has featured over the years.

When I win the multi-billion dollar lottery, I'm going to open a huge animal sanctuary and take care of ALL of the homeless, helpless abandoned animals......*shakes fist in the air*.

#15 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

And how many thugs go get a pit bull and kick it around so it'll be "tough" because they think that makes them look tough? Or make it fight for that reason? I've had several pits and one of our dogs now is part pit and they are sweet, loyal and gentle if you want them to be.