MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Can You Help Another Bird?

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#21 GeorgiaOnMyMind

GeorgiaOnMyMind

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

I think it will be perfect for a grey, it's a little big for my girls.

I just PMed you about it!

#22 gypsygal

gypsygal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:41 AM

I'm afraid that my Dodger isn't getting enough sleep in the evenings and seems to be missing out on his nap in the afternoon.I have 3 kids and with school out its hard for him to get some quiet time around here.His regular cage is too big for me to move from room to room.If anyone has a cage that would work for a sleepy time cage for him i would be very grateful, and i'm sure he would be too blush.gif

#23 Guest_PurpleSmurf_*

Guest_PurpleSmurf_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (gypsygal @ Jun 5 2006, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid that my Dodger isn't getting enough sleep in the evenings and seems to be missing out on his nap in the afternoon.I have 3 kids and with school out its hard for him to get some quiet time around here.His regular cage is too big for me to move from room to room.If anyone has a cage that would work for a sleepy time cage for him i would be very grateful, and i'm sure he would be too blush.gif

If you can pay for shipping I have a few cages that would probably workout for you and I could send them for free + a happy hut if you'd like. Send me a PM if you're interested and I can give you pictures and other information.

If anyone would like to trade me a few toys (a rope perch would be GREAT!) for a small travel/play,sleepy cage please send me a PM!

#24 GeorgiaOnMyMind

GeorgiaOnMyMind

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Ohhh! I'd LOVE a travel cage!

*runs... well... clicks on the PM button*

#25 J9nSophie

J9nSophie

Adv Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

Does anyone have a Quaker size flight suit that didn't work out? I'm beginning to think that Sophie is getting to the point where she probably won't accept wearing one (10 mos.) but I'm considering giving it a try.

#26 GeorgiaOnMyMind

GeorgiaOnMyMind

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

I just wanted to report back that I've actually done swapping with two members so far and it's a ton of fun!

Everyone should try it!

#27 QuakerMom42

QuakerMom42

Adv Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

I have a Cockatiel / Parakeet cage (fairly large) big enough for several keets or one or two tiels. Free to anyone who can meet me to pick it up. I planned on sending it to my brother or sister but haven't been able to find a box large enough to ship it. If I don't have any takers here, I will get with UPS and send it out to sister or brother.

#28 Guest_PurpleSmurf_*

Guest_PurpleSmurf_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:29 AM

I have a happy hut, and two nesting boxes. One for tiels and one for parakeets. If you can meet me / pay shipping / trade me a few toys I'll be more than willing to send either where ever.

Send me a PM!

#29 Sweetie38

Sweetie38

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

oh I have QUITE a few sleeping cages that I could send out sitting in our storage room.. I'll have to look tomorrow in the girls closet because there are a ton of toys in there i would never even attempt to give to them again because they won't use them.

#30 QuakerMom42

QuakerMom42

Adv Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

I have The Quaker Parrrot

An owners Guide To A happy Healthy pet by Pamela Leis Higdon

If anyone wants to read it. I only ask that when done you pass it on! Spread the knowledge I say!

This book is now spoken for! Just waiting on PM back from the poster who wanted it. I only had one taker so it's all hers. She will pass it on when she is done with it.

#31 Guest_PurpleSmurf_*

Guest_PurpleSmurf_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:34 AM

If anyone has a few perches to they can spare (any kind will help!) for a handicapped parakeet I'm taking in I would be very thankful!

btw, I still have the two breeding boxes avaliable to anyone who wants them.

#32 rastis

rastis

Adv Member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:34 PM

I'm new to the group and new to quakers too! If anyone has any books about quakers I could borrow I would really appreciate it. Would be more than happy to send them back or post them here when I'm done.

Thanks,

Cheryl

#33 kate

kate

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

Does anyone have a medium flight suit in good shape that they cant use? Would trade a brand new pet pocket. Never had a bird in it.

#34 Arkali

Arkali

Ruby's mama

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:04 PM

I'd like to get on the list for the Higdon book.

Also, I'll probably in a few weeks have some toys to pass out. I got Ruby a lot of stuff and so far she's show ZERO interest in them sad.gif I'm going to look up the toy box advice. I got her a toybox but it's on the bottom of the cage, so I don't know. Frustration. Anyway...Thanks all!

PS: Put me on the list as well to buy something for Cutty. Even if it's just a sack of pellet, I'd love to help.

#35 blairbaby

blairbaby

Adv Member

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

I have a new QP that doesn't like to play much. I bought a few things but so far no luck. I'm hoping it's just because of him coming to a new environment. If anyone has any toys that you think might intrigue him I'd appreciate it! Like foot toys maybe? Or any ideas of toys I can make for him. Thanks.

#36 snugglbutt

snugglbutt

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:45 PM

Hey everyone. Well, as you all know, I am handraising a baby wren. Lil Wren (still don't have a name for him) is getting big, and has moved up in the world to a cage. I was wondering if anyone had anything appropriate for a bird his size (about 20 grams) that they have no use for. Perches or toys (have no clue if he will even play with any toys), or in particular a happy hut or one of those cozies that hang on the side of the cage. I promise once I am working again and I am buying toys and such, I will have things to offer to everyone else. I know Casey...most likely half the things I'll buy her she'll absolutely hate. dry.gif Thanks everyone.

#37 suzy19

suzy19

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

I have a happy hut that I would gladly send you. It's never had a bird in it. It's too small for my qp, or even my tiels, but I bet it's just the right size for a wren. It's green and fuzzy, and in perfect shape. Now I have to find it... laugh.gif Send me a PM if you're interested.

#38 blairbaby

blairbaby

Adv Member

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:02 AM

What size happy hut do quakers use? Medium? I'd like to order one for my baby but I'm not sure which size would be "comfy".

#39 BoogersMama

BoogersMama

I am JanDaMama

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (blairbaby @ Aug 1 2006, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What size happy hut do quakers use? Medium? I'd like to order one for my baby but I'm not sure which size would be "comfy".

These are very well made and the perfect size for a quaker.

http://www.geocities.../birdybungalows

She is taking some time off right now because 2 daughters are having babies right now, will be back at it early September,but Cindy's huts are THE BEST. Jan

#40 snugglbutt

snugglbutt

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

Hey everyone. I have a bag of Zupreem Embrace hand feeding formula that Michelle sent me (thank you). The intent was to use it for the baby wren, but found out after I received it that it wasn't suitable for him due to his nutritional requirements. Michelle said it has only been opened since July 7, and I believe the unused formula in the open bag stays good for 90 days after it's opened. I have no use for it now, and neither does Michelle. She asked me to post it here to see if it could be passed on to someone else. It's stored in my refrigerator in a ziploc bag. If anyone is interested in it, please pm me.