MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Can You Help Another Bird?

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#41 Animal Quackers

Animal Quackers

Michelle & Mark

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

I've got something to give, too...

A bag of Zupreem AvianMaintenance Fruit Blend.

I bought it - AND opened it - last September when Nico came to live with us. I've tried off and on since then to get him to eat it and he won't.

If anyone wants it, PM me! smile.gif

#42 Krystal

Krystal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

Hi Michelle, I sent you a PM regarding the food... thanks!

#43 snugglbutt

snugglbutt

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:18 PM

The embrace formula is spoken for.

#44 blairbaby

blairbaby

Adv Member

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Thank you so much! smile.gif I will have to see what I can find to offer smile.gif I do have this "Swing" toy that someone made for me out of a wooden spoon but they hung it sideways so it looks like it would be uncomfy. Jack is scared of it because it has those beads that have like three prongs on them.. don't know how to describe them..but he's scared of them! lol Maybe someone could use it as just a toy and not really a swing?

#45 snugglbutt

snugglbutt

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (blairbaby @ Aug 2 2006, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you so much! smile.gif I will have to see what I can find to offer smile.gif I do have this "Swing" toy that someone made for me out of a wooden spoon but they hung it sideways so it looks like it would be uncomfy. Jack is scared of it because it has those beads that have like three prongs on them.. don't know how to describe them..but he's scared of them! lol Maybe someone could use it as just a toy and not really a swing?

Casey LOVES beads. I string them on hemp string for her, and they are her favorite toys. If no one else would like it, I'll take it and try it with her. If she doesn't like it I'll repost it here.

#46 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

I cannot believe I have never read this thread!!

I will be posting some things I can't use, soon

#47 blairbaby

blairbaby

Adv Member

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:51 AM

The swing is spoken for smile.gif

#48 gypsygal

gypsygal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:51 PM

I'm not sure if this is right for me to ask, but I just want to help these guys. unsure.gif
A family member has 2 cockatiels and their cage has only 2 toys in it sad.gif One that is so old and chewed on that it is just about falling apart, and one that i bought for them.she says they doesn't have the money to spend on them ohmy.gif They are in the process of trying to sell them(in my opinion the best thing for them).When I mention the lack of toys to her she just laughs.Anyway, i have given her some perches(she only had 1 dow perch in their cage) and a ladder for them as well as some treats but everytime I see them they look so un-happpy and bored.She doesn't let them out of their cage much because of my young nephews(the birds bite).
Would anyone be willing to help me help these birds with any toys and such that they don't need?

I will try to find something to offer in return smile.gif So far all my extras have been passed to these guys......

#49 QuakerMom42

QuakerMom42

Adv Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

I have an opened over half bag of Kaytee Kitchen Creations Pasta dinner with beans and Vegetables that my guys won't eat. Yes is is opened but it it dehydrated foods that will keep for a pretty long time. Use by date is 16 May 07. There is 1/2 to over 1/2 a bag left none of my guys will touch it. I can't stand the smell of it so I have no plans to try it with them again. (It doesn't smell bad, my son actually thought it was his dinner and was salavating over it.)

Any takers?

This is no longer available! I have had a taker!

#50 gypsygal

gypsygal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

I would be willing to give it a try with Dodger if you have had no takers yet cheryl.He seems to only want to eat corn right now so i am willing to try new things for him....

#51 QuakerMom42

QuakerMom42

Adv Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (gypsygal @ Aug 9 2006, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be willing to give it a try with Dodger if you have had no takers yet cheryl.He seems to only want to eat corn right now so i am willing to try new things for him....

It's your's and I will get it out asap!

#52 gypsygal

gypsygal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

Many thanks cheryl! smile.gif

#53 sgtcluck

sgtcluck

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

I have a bag (2.5 lbs)(Not much out of it) of Zupreem Avian Maintenance Natural. Thought Morgan would like something new, but no. I will send it for free to anyone who wants it. Just PM me.

#54 Laura

Laura

Adv Member

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

I have a couple of small cages that someone might be able to use? They are the size for keets Id say - could be used for transport of them.

#55 Quakerlove

Quakerlove

Quakerlove

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:29 PM

Laura, what would be the shipping to Canada? New Liskeard, Ontario

#56 Morning Dusk

Morning Dusk

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

Hello Cheryl!

I am very pleased to be a new member of this board! I know this may not be the place, but are we allowed to have a 'Trading' topic where people place what they have (that they don't want, and are willing to trade) Then they post a 'want' list where they list things that they need.

Here is an example:

Would Like:

* swing for my QP

* Plastic key rings (for toys)

What I have:

* extra wooden ladder (used for climbing)

That was just an example. I just thought it would be awsome to have one of these because another persons belonging is another person's need tongue.gif

#57 Laura

Laura

Adv Member

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (sgtcluck @ Aug 26 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a bag (2.5 lbs)(Not much out of it) of Zupreem Avian Maintenance Natural. Thought Morgan would like something new, but no. I will send it for free to anyone who wants it. Just PM me.

Suki thanks you greatly!!! smile.gif

#58 miss1mouse

miss1mouse

Adv Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:19 AM

I have 2 things:

1. 12" tall swing with a rough perch-maybe cement. My bird wouldn't go near it though I had it in his cage for a month.

2. One of those bendable ropes. I put it in his cage while he was on top of his cage and he wouldn't go back into his cage till I took it out.

I'm interested in a book on QPs.

I'll try to get a pict. of the swing on here by Wednes. smile.gif

#59 miss1mouse

miss1mouse

Adv Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

Ok, rope is promised. Here is a link (hope it works) to pict. of the swing I bought at Petsmart. I paid $20 for it but will give it away free or for a QP tent that my bird will probably be afraid of!

http://www.petsmart....t...g&N=2023691

Or just go to www.petsmart.com and do a search for swings. It's the big yellow one. I'm not sure if it's too big for a QP or not. Someone more experienced in Quakers can probably take a look and let me know.

#60 Amey

Amey

Adv Member

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:48 AM

OH OH OH ME ME ME!!!! LOL

If the swing is not spoken for I'd love to have it!!!!

I don't have a spare hut (Gus beats his up as much as he sleeps in them LOL), but I would be willing to pay shipping. Just let me know where to send the ck (PM me). Thanks!