Toxic Or Possibly Harmful Foods
Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:01 PM
hopefully you will hear from your vet soon... i hope your baby gets better!
Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:33 PM
oops. i fed my bird some ripe avocado a couple of months ago and he was fine. he didn't like it that much so i didn't give it to him again. could the bird have died because of something else in the dip? i read somewhere that only the avocado plant, stems, seeds and unripe fruit can be toxic to them.
is Soy Milk dangerous? it contains no lactose. i've never fed it to my Quaker but i'd like to know in case he ever tries to get into it.
Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:08 PM
Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:39 PM
The picture of your Shepard made me cry, we had one like that for 16 years, he finally passd away but he was the best dog we ever, ever had. He would protect the kids when they were 4 & 5 years old like you wouldn't believe! He was the best dog in the whole world (with the exception of yours of course!
Thanks for the memories, Viki
Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:55 PM
Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:09 PM
Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:21 PM
Not really sure but I do know it's a controversial issue as some people still believe they're safe but I definitely wouldn't feed it to your bird!
Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:42 PM
Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:53 PM
Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:07 PM
Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:50 AM
So, it makes me wonder how someone "knows" that something is toxic to a bird. Or maybe Chicken is just an exception to the rule?
quote name='Randa' date='May 20 2007, 03:25 AM' post='294367']
I read somewhere that both chocolate and avocado are highly toxic to Quakers. Can't remember where I read it though.
Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:30 PM
Although the package may state nutriberries are a healthy diet they are only an OK TREAT at best. They are held together with sugar (from molasses) and being that quakers (and several other birds) are quite prone to fatty liver diseaese they should be fed only as an occasional treat, never a primary diet
NUTRIBERRIES ARE NOT DIRECTLY TOXIC OR HARMFUL <--just so there is no confusion here.
Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:53 PM
Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:11 AM
on a lighter note, I'm glad to see cottage cheese is good. I gave a little bite to Reepecheep and she loved it! I thought "Oh I hope this is good for her, she likes it too much", hehe
Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:01 PM
Yes regular milk contains enzymes Quakers (or any bird) can not digest. When used in bird recipes those enzymes are broken down during the cooking process and it is the OK for your Quaker.
Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:24 PM
Avocados contain a substance called persin--in the leaves, barks etc--that cause respiratory problems. Here is another link that gives some good info on toxic stuff...
Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:49 PM
Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:04 PM