MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Recipes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bogi and Annemarie

Bogi and Annemarie

Just me & my 3 boys

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:54 AM

My breeder sent me these 2 recipes, thought I would share them with you smile.gif

BIRD BREAD
2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk
3 tbs. oil
1 cup Broccoli
1 cup diced apple
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup Frozen Corn
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix first 4 ingredients together in large bowl. Add next 4 ingredients and mix well. Grease and flour 2 bread pans. Bake at 400 for 35 mins. Variations: You can substitute any fruit or veggie such as: blueberries, cranberries, bananas, squash, cauliflower, green beans, raspberries, spinach, nuts, pineapple, etc. I have also used Higgins “True Fruit” parrot treat. Another FAVORITE of my birds is to add a can of packed pumpkin to the bread in substation for one of the vegetable/fruits. You can use almost anything in this mix. You can freeze any leftover bread or prepare it in advance and freeze for future use. I typically make this in small read pans and freeze a loaf at a time. You could also make them in muffin tins for feeding less birds! Serve warm.

VEGGIE MASH

2 cups of Brown Rice (Cooked)
-or-
2 cups cooked Pasta (wheat)

1 cup of frozen corn
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup frozen peas/carrots
˝-1 cup chopped apples
1cup cooked beans (Black beans or similar)

Cook rice and Defrost all frozen ingredients. Mix all ingredients together. You can freeze this mix or reduce the quantities to make smaller portions. Refrigerate or freeze all unused portions and serve at room temperature.
  • tampaclavin likes this

#2 TJ Maj's Mom

TJ Maj's Mom

Iniquitous when provoked

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

Been looking all over for this. THANK YOU!

#3 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:15 AM

We do have a recipe sub forum of one of the other forums maybe you could add this here...
Or I will as for it to be moved ....

#4 Lyssa00

Lyssa00

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks i have been looking all over for resipies and i have tried some that my bird didnt like but i have 1 recipe that my baby liked!

Also this was reccomeded by my Vet and she gives it to her birds!
All i did was take a whole corn bread box but it all depends on howmuch your making, than i added about 1/2 to 1 cup of mixed veggies you can use whatever your bird likes though, than i just mixed the corn bread mix with the veggies and i put them in a bread baking pan than cooked them for about 10-15 min and again dependes on what you make it as...mini muffins bread cookies ect., than i cut them up and put them in the freezer and took them out in th morning as i needed them!

Pretty simple an my bird LOVED them!!

#5 Splahy'smom

Splahy'smom

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm definetely going to try the reccipe for bird bread, it seems cool!

#6 tampaclavin

tampaclavin

Adv Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Veggie mash sounds great. I posted it to a message to myself.. I was going to try and stay away from the cornmeal because of GMO's, but she hsan't been sick with Monsato yet....so I'll try the veggie mash. Thanks, I really needed something....maybe I can add the pellets to it?

#7 tampaclavin

tampaclavin

Adv Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

In the veggie mash, is it okay to buy canned black beans, do you think, or are there too many preservatives?

#8 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

In the veggie mash, is it okay to buy canned black beans, do you think, or are there too many preservatives?

I've used canned black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans.

My birds like home cooked best, but they will eat the canned beans if they get them. Wash them off good to get as much salt off as possible.