MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Daylight Saving Time

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NewQuakerMommy

NewQuakerMommy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

Today is the first day of daylight saving time and little Kiwi seemed exhausted at 6:30, being as yesterday this was 7:30 his bed time. So, hoping that I made the right choice I kept him "up" for another 15 minutes and then covered him. I was hoping if I eased him into it by not covering him till a little later each night it would help. If anyone else observes this wonderful event, that messes with everyone's head, Kiwi's and mine the same, how long does it take for your fid to adjust?

#2 sgtcluck

sgtcluck

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

Morgan usually goes to bed at 8:30 (it is 7:30 now). He is tired right now and I am trying to keep him up for awhile longer. It might not work though. He is screaming his little green head off right now. It usually takes him a couple of days to adjust.

#3 lg2312

lg2312

Birds of a feather....

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

I did the same thing... kept them up about 1/2 hour longer. I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't figure out why!

#4 kalipso2

kalipso2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

well... its 9pm here and Cricket is still raring to go. i got up early to go to a bird fair so i don't know if he would have woken up early or not but technically with it being "10:00pm" which is our bedtime, he's not looking tired yet!

#5 Cantab

Cantab

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

I have not had any problems adjusting his lordship to daylight saving time, I just carry on as normal with the bedtime/morning routine. wink.gif

#6 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:38 PM

Yep, Max's bedtime is usually 8:00, but I just put her to bed right now (7:30). Depending on how she does, I'll gradually extend it.

This is the second time we've had to deal with out of whack sleep times. She had issues a few weeks ago when it was getting dark out so early wacko.gif

#7 TJ Maj's Mom

TJ Maj's Mom

Iniquitous when provoked

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

Not really, Maj tells us when it's bed time, which means TURN OFF THAT DARN LIGHT ALREADY PEOPLE! laugh.gif Then he climbs up and snuggles down under his blanket. We can still watch TV and w/e he doesn't mind he just wants the light off. I did notice he was up much eariler though and wanted the lights out at 7pm VS 8-9pm last night.

#8 kate

kate

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

Ive never had a prob. They get up when they want and go to bed when they want. They use their own clock mother nature gave them. They dont care what mine says.

#9 Paula0442

Paula0442

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Everything's been fine here. Nothing different.

#10 love my jesse

love my jesse

Adv Member

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

Mine normaly go to bed at 7pm and now they are ready at 6pm LOL that is the good side the bad side is they normally get up at 8am and now it is 7am LOL

#11 Bogi and Annemarie

Bogi and Annemarie

Just me & my 3 boys

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

It definitely affected Bogi. Last night, he wanted to go to bed at 8:30, which usually I have been putting him to bed at 9:30. Tonight I kept him up till 9, but he had had enough, flew off my shoulder to his cage letting me know it was time for bed. smile.gif

#12 kate

kate

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

Mine go to bed when it gets dark and they get up when it gets light. So they dont know and dont care if i change the clock or not.

#13 arwenelle

arwenelle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

Us Arizonans don't believe in Daylight Savings Time so no problems here! biggrin.gif

#14 Kattastrophe

Kattastrophe

Adv Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

My Kiwi use to go to bed at 10. Now at 9 he gets in his bed and waits to be covered. I am allowed to stay up as long as the light is off and I am quiet. Gotta love em.

#15 eagerknitter

eagerknitter

Adv Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

I came home on Friday after running errands after work and it was already dark...I had forgotten to leave his light on when I left for work. I was surprised when I didn't hear him calling for me when I opened the door, a cursory search of the cage and no Romeo. I started panicing but then he poked is little head out of his happy hut. I guess he figured since it was dark it was time to go to bed already! He is such a good boy. - Amy