MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Pin`ata

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spookygrl

spookygrl

Adv Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:37 AM

anyone here make there own for their birdies? i just bought one for my grey for 10 dollars that lasted a day, id like to see about making some more in different shapes to keep her busy and to get her to eat her pellets by stuffing them inside. is the flour and water method safe. what about the tissue paper they use for the store bought ones. is that dye safe for them to chew, can you use veg. dye on plain paper and then dry it?

#2 KathyC

KathyC

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:53 AM

I honestly don't know but I'm sure someone will be here to help you out soon.

#3 Guest_IMPduJour_*

Guest_IMPduJour_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:59 AM

I make them for my birds and it is pretty easy just use the flour and water method (no salt if the recipe you has asks for salt).

I usually use water balloons for my smaller birds and coat the newspaper over the top of it using the flour/water paste and allow them to dry. Pop and carefully remove the balloon. You can decorate it with non toxic crepe paper (mine is labeled non toxic not sure if there are toxic ones or not) by using the flour mixture as a glue.

I make lots of them at one time fill and seal/hang and they have a blast.

#4 spookygrl

spookygrl

Adv Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

thanx for replying, might i ask where you get the non toxic crepe paper from?

#5 Crazy4looney2n

Crazy4looney2n

Adv Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

I've used paper towel tubes to make some. I cut slits into the ends and fold over to seal then decorate with tissue paper. Cut a small hole in the and stuff with treats and shredded tissue paper or news paper. I've used zip ties to attach them to the cage.