• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lydia Katharine Boehr

Lydia Katharine Boehr

Adv Member

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

I know this has been posted before but the thread didn't include many pictures! So if you have a parrot tattoo, I'd like to see it!

I don't have one yet, but for kicks, here's the tattoo I do have. It's a JRR Tolkien quote smile.gif

(those are from two years ago when it was fresh!)

#2 berlie

berlie

berlie

• Members
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hee Hee ... I just got a dove tattoo 2 weeks ago. I love it! I'm really gonna have to figure out pictures on the computer so I can show you guys my birds and stuff... dry.gif I don't like being a 'puter tard but I guess not enough to learn!

Kim

#3 Civchic

Civchic

Adv Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

I don't have parrots but I do have birds!

Here are my dancing cranes, in the middle of my back. This was for my first anniversary (the date is our wedding date) - cranes symbolize fidelity and happy marriage. Sorry 'bout the weird stripes - this was taken in the Dominican and I'd been sitting in a plastic chair drinking for too long! smile.gif

And here is my pride and joy - all shiny and new still from about a year and a half ago. It's on my left calf. I love this thing. It's a phoenix, but not traditional - and I drew it. I love my big blue bird!

#4 berlie

berlie

berlie

• Members
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:59 PM

WOW! The pheonix is gorgeous! Nice job!

#5 RobertsKitty

RobertsKitty

Griffin's Mommy

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

I am REALLY wanting to get a tattoo but I just haven't yet! Does it really hurt all that bad? Everyone says giving blood hurts bad but I never even felt it and needles don't really bother me. Just wanting some imput from those who know happy.gif

#6 Lydia Katharine Boehr

Lydia Katharine Boehr

Adv Member

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

Yes, it hurts, but it's a different kind of pain. It doesn't feel like needles at all. I thought it would feel like getting poked with a needle over and over again, but the needle moves so fast you can't tell what it is. I got mine right on the rib, which apparently is one of the most painful spots (next to top of foot) and it felt like he was scraping my bone off. He had originally thought it would take an hour but it ended up taking a little over 30 minutes.. I think he hurried because it hurt me so bad!

(me in pain)

PS- it doesn't hurt me to give blood either. These are definitely different needles!

#7 Andrea5699

Andrea5699

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (RobertsKitty @ Jun 1 2008, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am REALLY wanting to get a tattoo but I just haven't yet! Does it really hurt all that bad? Everyone says giving blood hurts bad but I never even felt it and needles don't really bother me. Just wanting some imput from those who know happy.gif

I got a tatoo of a flower about the size of a very large coin... hmm.. about 2 1/2 inches diamater and it took all of 25 mins (wasn't a complicated design) and didn't really hurt that much.. although my mom was with me and said i looked ready to faint lol

Its not an "oh, that really huts pain!" its more of a "ouch, thats a really annoying pain" lol.. granted that was my experience on my muscle just above the ankle bone so no doubt other areas are wayyyyy more tender smile.gif

#8 Lydia Katharine Boehr

Lydia Katharine Boehr

Adv Member

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

I'd agree with that, Andrea, it's not an "Ouch that hurts" pain... for me it was more than annoying, lol, but it isn't like an "ouch" hurt for sure. It's something else.

#9 Andrea5699

Andrea5699

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Lydia Katharine Boehr @ Jun 1 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd agree with that, Andrea, it's not an "Ouch that hurts" pain... for me it was more than annoying, lol, but it isn't like an "ouch" hurt for sure. It's something else.

yeah yours definitely looks painful.. not sure if i'd be thaaat daring smile.gif

it is verrry hard to describe it.. makes me wanna go get another one though.. i'd love a parrot one..I'm just too iffy on what I want and I told myself just one more lol

#10 birdlady10

birdlady10

Adv Member

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

I have a Mickey Mouse tatoo on my forearm and I didn't think it hurt.I never thought about getting one of my fid.......until right now biggrin.gif

#11 tomead

tomead

Adv Member

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

I was a whimp, when I got mine (tribal arm band)I did a xylocaine block before heading to get it. biggrin.gif The block did wear off as he was finishing the detail work over by bicep, I would describe that to someone dragging a lit cigarette over my arm, but this is a really tender area as well. I plan on getting another, and will skip the local this time and take it like a man. rolleyes.gif

#12 tomead

tomead

Adv Member

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Check with A-Lynn I know she did a really nice design for a Quaker tattoo.

#13 blacktimberwolf

blacktimberwolf

Adv Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

Holy cow how weird...... I got two tattoos of my kids names today and was thinking how neat it would be to get Baby done as a tat as well. Then I come home and check this forum and people are talking about QP tats, how cool is that.

#14 lboricual0406

lboricual0406

Adv Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

I have 2 One on my anckle of the Taurus sign and One on my neck of 3 hearts which represent the 3 loves of my life my husband and my 2 daughter from big to small

here is a pic of the one on my neck

Attached Files

#15 Civchic

Civchic

Adv Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

The pain of getting a tattoo is not so very bad. It is more irritating than painful.

However - if you get a large tattoo like the one on my leg, it can be painful recovering for a couple of days - I swelled up like mad. THAT was what hurt - not the tattoo itself, but the fact that my leg was swollen so much the skin was tight.

#16 Andie's Mom

Andie's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

Talk to Stella, Sgtcluck She has a tat of a quaker...

#17 Larry Bird's Mom

Larry Bird's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

I am getting one done in August. The artist (Patrick Cornolo) is booked solid until then but I will be glad to post a pic when it is done. I can't wait....I am so excited because I have wanted this one for a while. (I have 13 already but this one is really special because it represents my baby Larry Bird! wub.gif

#18 Nikki-n-Shane

Nikki-n-Shane

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

I have thought about a bird tatoo too but I dont know where I would put it. I have t four leaf clover already on my hip (well I guess my lower stomach by my hip bone). I would love to see a quaker tatoo if anyone gets one be sure to post it!!

#19 svf

svf

Adv Member

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

Oddly enough, I do have a bird tattoo on my ankle, but I do not yet have my bird! He should be home with me next week! smile.gif

#20 sgtcluck

sgtcluck

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

I have 9 tattoos but my favorite one is of Morgan. He is on my thigh. It is funny because when Morgan sees it he is afraid of it. I posted a picture of him on here some time ago. If you do a search you may find it.