MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Mongo - Siah - Sweetie And Brycee

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joanne's Animal Kingdom

Joanne's Animal Kingdom

in loving memory of Tiki

• Members
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

Attached File  IMG_0788.jpg   248.9KB   29 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0781.jpg   233.09KB   45 downloads
so Mongo is doing very well - he went through a little plucking stage in early spring but has stopped that and most of the feathers have already grown back in. He has been enjoying a few trips to school - he always shows off for the kids. He is also in love with my vet. I took him in for a nail trim and his yearly visit (I can't believe he has been here almost a year). He has always showed a slight preference for men - well all it took was a man in a white coat and he ditched me in about 3 seconds. I wasn't sure he was even coming back to me until I started to walk out - then he wanted his mommy. LOL goofy bird.

Siah - he has adjusted well to the flock here. Although for some reason he really thinks my husband and son would be better if they had a few beak marks from him. He can be snuggly and sweet with my daughter and I but as soon as one of the boys comes near he charges them and tries to bite. He has also been teaching Izzy (mt dad's former tiel) some new words and Izzy has been teaching him the songs he whistles. It is really cute when they get going together. I think it is funny, if Izzy is singing Siah will join in and can pick up at what ever part izzy is at. But if Siah is whistling Izyy can only start from the beggining.

Siah and Mongo actually like hanging out together with me downstairs. Mongo is a big baby and Siah is the typical qp bully so it works out well. Mongo has even tried to feed Siah a few times.

Siah's newest game is to start imitating Mongo's flock call until he gets Mongo yelling and then he says" Mongo. quiet" He is also working on the dog's bark. Can't wait for that. wacko.gif

Now Sweety and Brycee - they are doing well - we had a little egg laying in the early spring but got that stopped.
They have been trying to be friends with Siah but he just thinks they want his food. they keep trying so they may win him over. they are also helping me get the other birds to try new foods - they seem to eat just about everything so I put out the food and the other birds see them eating and eventually try some and usually end up liking it.
So I think that updates the adoptees around here - I'll start a differnt thread to update the rest of the happenings around here. Attached File  IMG_0785.jpg   277.18KB   26 downloads

Attached Files

#2 StephieSue

StephieSue

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

Wow Mongo looks so good Joanne wub.gif I miss the lil turd but I know you are doing such a good job with the lil goofball. Give him lots of scritches for me and thanks for posting a pic Joanne

#3 TariAngie

TariAngie

My Dream Bird A Lutino Quaker

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for sharing. Great pictures.

#4 Movedonandhappy

Movedonandhappy

Angie & Ray

• Members
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

I sure do miss you! You hardly ever post that much. I'm really glad to hear from you and see all your pretty fids. Mongo looks awesome and so does all your other little fids! Thank you sooo much for the update~!!!

#5 Andrea5699

Andrea5699

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

great pics! Your fids are beautiful!!!

#6 GeorgiaOnMyMind

GeorgiaOnMyMind

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

Aww, I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Such a lovely fid family!

#7 Frankie's Mom

Frankie's Mom

Don't Breed, Don't Buy, Please Adopt!

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Cute pics, thanks for sharing! It certainly looks like you have a wonderful way with your adoptees! These guys are lucky to have landed with you!

#8 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

the update was nice. all of your fids look fantastic. I have to say that budgie is def spoiled I was looking at all the toys! wowowowowowowow cool tho and really good to see!!

#9 siahsmommy

siahsmommy

Quaker Nut

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Been a long time since I posted, but I was going through pictures and found a ton of my Siah. I sure do miss that bugger. Hope he is doing well.