MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Vitamins And Minerals

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jessica-marie72

jessica-marie72

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

im a new quaker mummy and ive seen all these different minerals and vitamins you can give to them or put in there water bowl. Is it something i should give to my charlie or is it not nescessary? does anybody give them to there fids? if so what kind?

thank you x

#2 Casey's Mom

Casey's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

If your Quaker is on a balanced diet of pellets (with added grains, fruits and veggies) he shouldn't need the added supplements. Pellets are fortified with all the necessary vitamins and minerals that they need to stay healthy... if he's on seed it might be a different story though. wink.gif

Others should have some more insight! smile.gif

#3 ~BettyK~

~BettyK~

aka: petGroomer51

• Members
  • 10,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

Agree, you can overdose with Vitimins..so if your feeding Pellets and fresh foods he is getting enough.

#4 kate

kate

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Please do not give supplements unless the avian vet recommends it.

#5 jessica-marie72

jessica-marie72

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

Charlie eats a diet of fruit and veggies along with his seed smile.gif thanks for your help everyone xx

#6 Casey's Mom

Casey's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

Seed doesn't always give them the vitamins and minerals they need. wink.gif The problem with seed is it's fortified with the added vitamins and minerals but all the fortification goes on the outside, which of course they hull and they don't really consume. With the addition of grains, legumes, veggies and fruits he should be fine, but you may want to look into adding pellets into his diet. smile.gif

#7 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

I wouldn`t give any over the counter suppliments unless it was reccomended by a avian vet ...
Pellets and fresh veggies /fruit is all your little guy needs to be healthy.. smile.gif

#8 Glenda5312

Glenda5312

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

Question....why are the pellets colored? I would think synthic or dyes are not good. I dont eat foods with dyes.

Thanks,

Glenda

#9 Cindi&Jeriel

Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

Glenda, there are some m ore natural pellets out there if you want to avoid dye. Our Ocho eats TOP Totally Organic Pellets. 100% natural. I believe that Harrisons, Roudy Bush, and now Zupreem offer a natural pellet. The TOP pellets smell so yummy and fruity!