• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Redd

Redd

Adv Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

Ok, last night I brought Kiwi upstairs to his room and he flew off my shoulder, yes he's clipped, i went to the bathroom and put a few things away and when I came back, he was gone. Now, almost 24 hours later, i still can't find him. My apartment is itty bitty so I have nowhere left to look.

Any ideas? I don't want my FID to die from starvation or no water. ohmy.gif

#2 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

OMG thats scary I hope he is safe ..make sur the cats are not around/inside till you find him..

#3 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

did u try under the bed, in the bathroom perhaps. good luck hope u can find her. they are sure easy to hide. maybe she will squak when called.

#4 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

He's probably frightened and disoriented. I'm sure you've tried calling his name, but keep doing that. Maybe eventually he'll answer. I'd look under and behind and on top of everything -- I'm sure you've tried that, too, but they can blend in to the background. Jade flew into the bedroom once and vanished and I called and called and looked and looked and finally spotted her sitting on top of a plush toy that was a completely different color than she is, but for some reason I didn't see her at all. Have you put some of his food and a dish of water in the room where he flew off?

#5 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

Oh dear...I'm sorry! Um....look ANYWHERE you can possibly think of, under beds, under and behind cabinets...I see a couple cats in your siggy, could they have gotten him? I hope you find him! smile.gif I'm sure you will, he's just being a stinker and hiding from you! smile.gif

#6 Quincy's Slave

Quincy's Slave

Adv Member

• Members
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

Oh no! Were your cats around? Look under and behind furniture, between cushions, in closets, I'd tear the place apart. Were any windows open at the time that aren't screened? It's odd after 24 hours that you haven't heard something

#7 Andie's Mom

Andie's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

Look behind your dresser. Look behind your refrigerator,stove etc. Look behind any heavy curtains, if any cupboards were open look in cupboards and drawers etc.

Start walking the perimeters of your apartment and call his name and be very quiet and see if you can hear him call you.

Good luck and keep us posted as to where you find him. Sending good vibes so you find him soon.

#8 QTQP4me

QTQP4me

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

oh my goodness, these guys get into some predicaments don't they? keep calling kiwi's name and maybe you'll get a call back. whatever you do, always LOOK where you are walking until you find him. i ran into the house a few days ago while the birds were on the porch and when i came back out, zuzu had flown over by the door. luckily he was not in the walking path.

i'll keep my fingers crossed that you guys find each other quickly.

kris

#9 Catsquakers

Catsquakers

Ruffles Momma

• Members
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

Look in any drawers that could have been opened. Also, look under any laundry that might have been tossed in the floor. Is there any way she could have flown out a window? I hope you find her soon!

#10 Redd

Redd

Adv Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

so I was praying real hard, asking the Lord to please let us find Kiwi. I looked everywhere. My apartment is very tiny but I still have boxers laying around from when I moved in. Colin gave up and went to his friend's house (thanks alot) and I've gone through drawers, cabinets, under the bed, behind the couch, in boxes, behind the fridge. EVERYWHERE.

He used to love to stand in front of my mirrored closet. We've since taken down the mirrors but I knew it was familiar to him, sooo, I start calling him more and more, moving clothes around from the rod and low and behold, in between a dress and a blouse, out of the sleeve of the blouse pops this lil green head as if to say "you rang?" LOL

I tell you, it was the cutest thing. He knew he wasn't lost at all. Could he have been nesting? Could "he" be a "she"? It was so funny, his reaction, as if nothing happened. I cuddled him so tight and carried him to his cage and he just very non chalantly climbed to the top and didn't even run to food and water.

How funny is that?
Little fid had me so darn worried.

#11 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

That little stinker. Playing hide and seek and giving Mommy a heart attack. I'd watch that one, if I were you. Next thing you know, he'll take your credit card and get on the Internet. laugh.gif

Seriously, though, I'm really glad you found him and that he's safe.

#12 longawaitedquaker

longawaitedquaker

Adv Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Ahh so glad to hear everything turned out the way it did. Little stinker, I can't even imagine what was going through your mind. smile.gif

#13 dinkie

dinkie

Adv Member

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Glad you found Kiwi and he is safe

#14 Redd

Redd

Adv Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

LOL Yeah he's definitely a stinker. I wonder what other funny stories everyone has about their fids.

#15 Andie's Mom

Andie's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

I'm glad you found him. Whew! Thanks for letting us know.

#16 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Yes, definitely...thanks for letting us know he's okay! My goodness!! As for the "he" being a "she" thing, I don't know...my male cockatiel gets off his cage and goes looking for nesting spots all the time. His favorite spot to try and fit into is the printer. It's very funny, watching him trying to wedge himself in there...he loves me and will let me do just about anything to him, so I just gently pull him out by his tail, ask him to step up and take him back to his cage. smile.gif

#17 Glowbird

Glowbird

Adv Member

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:12 AM

What a relief!

#18 QTQP4me

QTQP4me

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

whew! i'm glad to read a happy ending on this story. little booger. and he probably doesn't even have a CLUE you were so worried. gonna have to put a bell on him from now on, huh?

kris

#19 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

Great News...

#20 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

Glad to hear he's alright. A great reminder to us all that these sneaky little guys should never be left out of cage, unattended even for a second. wink.gif