MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Found In Pensacola, Florida

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tweedledee

Tweedledee

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

I took in a Quaker that a woman could not keep. She said she found him in the Pensacola area and put up signs, called the vet's offices etc and no one claimed him. I am sure he is someone's and is missed. He talks a lot and is very sweet. He says things like "come here," "kiss, kiss" and makes the kissing sound, "don't bite," and "pretty bird or pretty birdie," and "whatcha doin'." We really love having him, he is a joy. We recently lost our cockatiel that escaped outdoors. We hope to find her still and is one of the reasons we took him in knowing how it feels to be missing ours and not knowing where she is but hoping someone is giving her love and taking care of her. Please let me know if you think I may have your Quaker. I am not certain he is from Florida. We live close to Alabama and Louisiana. Thanks!

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

So Sorry you lost your tiel, glad to hear you took in a lost baby. I Googled parrot911 and found many resources. Hope this helps for both fids. smile.gif

#3 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

I posted in your other thread a while back about one of our members losing their quaker. He lost his bird in October of 2008 and he lives in the Daytona Beach area. His bird was about 9 yrs old then. There is a possibility that this could be his quaker. The member has not been on the forum in a while which is unfortunate because I don't know of any way to contact him. All I know is that he was devastated about losing his bird......I think, but I am not sure....that he also posted on 911 parrot alert. His name is Justin and his birds name is Kiwi....