• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NCVon

NCVon

Slave of FIDs

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

Last week Way2Bizzy (Christy) posted and sent me a PM about a little green girl named Tiki that needed a home. My friend Carye has a friend named Myrtle that has been waiting a year for my lazy quakers to get busy and have babies and she was first on the waiting list for one. So I contacted Carye, who called Myrtle (she doesn't have a computer ohmy.gif ) to ask if she would be interested. Carye said she didn't think Myrtle would ever stop screaming! So I met with Christy a week ago Saturday to pick up Tiki, I kept her at my house that night and met Carye on Sunday afternoon to transfer.

Well, Sunday Myrtle wasn't feeling well so she didn't come for the pickup, by the time Carye got home Myrtle was in the hospital. So Carye and her daughter Liz took Tiki in to care for her until she was back on her feet. In the meantime Liz and Carye fell in love with Tiki
here is Liz and Tiki reading

Today Myrtle picked Tiki up to take her home and Carye said it was love at first sight. But this shows you what a sweet bird Tiki is, even though she had just met Myrtle this was before they left to go home

Myrtle called after they got back home and got settled and she said her, Tiki and her husband were sitting at the table eating dinner and Tiki had her own plate. I think Tiki is going to be one very spoiled little girl! LOL

Just wanted to let everyone know that she is finally home and a very happy little green chicken.

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

Awwww! wub.gif Sounds like Tiki ended up right where she belongs, and I want to know how you get a Quaker to let you READ. laugh.gif Clyde won't let me do ANYTHING like that.

#3 jobo2mi

jobo2mi

Here ... let me get that for you!

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

Siobhan, you have to choose a book the QUAKER likes and wants to read too in order to read it yourself ...maybe Guide to the Quaker Parrot???? LOLOL laugh.gif

#4 SandyJ

SandyJ

Adv Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

Booger Butt likes what I read....He eats the pages while I read them LOL

Myrtle looks like she has met the love of her life. That little chicken is already kissing her up.

#5 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:42 AM

Awwwwwwwwwww I love happy endings ... smile.gif

#6 Way2Bizzy

Way2Bizzy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

I'm SOOO happy to hear this- and I love the pictures wub.gif The reading pic is adorable, and Myrtle looks like a very happy camper! Tiki must have overheard someone saying that Liz & Carye were her new Godparronts so she piled on the love. Now Tiki will never have to worry about having someone to take good care of her if her new mommy is feeling under the weather.
I couldn't ask for a better match-up! Myrtle and Tiki make a great pair smile.gif

#7 Flying Feathers

Flying Feathers

Adv Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

How wonderful! I love it when birds/animals find that wonderful person who wants to love & give them a great happy, healthy life together! Thanks so much for sharing this heartwarming story! Hope they have many happy years together!

Jess

#8 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

So many moves, in a very short time,......and still a "Happy Camper"!!! biggrin.gif What a sweet baby!!! biggrin.gif I'm s glad she found a couple "Slaves" that will doat over her wing, and tallon. wub.gif

....and I want to know how you get a Quaker to let you READ.

PLEASE, Don't try this at home!!!!!!! laugh.gif

#9 equineRtist

equineRtist

equineRtist

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:15 AM

Oh Von, that is so sweet. I just love happy endings and it's so nice of you to put people and birds together knowing both will be happy!

#10 NCVon

NCVon

Slave of FIDs

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

I've had a bit of a rough couple days, kidney stone and emergency room trip Saturday, then high fever and flu Sunday through this morning so I haven't been online much, but I talked to Carye this morning and she said Myrtle is in seventh heaven and thrilled to finally have her little green chicken she wanted. And Carye said that if anything happens to Myrtle, Tiki will come to live with them. When you think this little girl had 4 different homes in about 10 days time its absolutely amazing how sweet and friendly she is. But she is a cuddly, loving little thing. I just love happy endings too! And was so glad I was able to be a part of it. Talk about timing! LOL

#11 Way2Bizzy

Way2Bizzy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

Sorry to hear what a crappy few days you've had sad.gif I sure hope you feel better soon!

#12 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Love stories like this!!!! Thanks to Christy and Von for making this work out!!! Hope you're feeling better soon, Von.

#13 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

love th epics and im also happy to see a happy ending. smile.gif