• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Maire

Maire

Adv Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hi, I must confess I am a bit of a traitor to the quaker forum but I make no apology for the boy I fell in love withPosted Image He is green, he is jolly, he is chatty, he is 7 or 8 years old we think, he lived with a family who didn't pay too much attention to him and really didnt know how to take care of a parrot. He was handed in to the Parrot rescue here near me and I went to see him and brought him home with me.His name which I gave him is Roger because he didnt know his name and we felt he deserved a nicer one. He is a white eyed conure and a pleasure to have in my home. He is just beginning to discover the joy of playing with toys and his cage hasnt arrived yet so he is still living in a borrowed cagePosted Imagebut he doesn't seem to mind and has settled right in. Wow he has a big beak and knows how to use it too but he was very good with me today and this is only day 3 so he is doing very well. He is an unusual mutation in color almost cinnamon. Enough about what I think! Meet my beautiful Roger;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Roger isn't a Quaker but he did need a home and I amn't sorry I decided to share my home with him. Isnt he beautiful!Posted Image

#2 CosmoKramer04

CosmoKramer04

Adv Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Wow very pretty!! Ive never heard of a white eyed conure but he is very pretty!!

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

He looks like a dear, sweet birdy and really, how could you have said no to that face??? Posted Image

#4 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

Hi, I must confess I am a bit of a traitor to the quaker forum but I make no apology for the boy I fell in love with :wub:

Yes, this is QP.com. I think that makes us all "BIRD" lovers. ;) He's adorable. :) Thanks, so much, for saving him.

I searched "white eyed conure", and came up with THIS. Hmmmmmm????????

What ever he is, he's adorable. ;)

#5 CosmoKramer04

CosmoKramer04

Adv Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

What ever he is, he's adorable. Posted Image

When I saw the pics first before reading the actual post I thought at first he was a hybrid conure myself.

#6 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Roger is beautiful, and would indeed be hard to resist. :D And all kinds of parrots are welcome here.

#7 Maire

Maire

Adv Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for the lovely comments everyonePosted Image
Roger looks a little different from the description given, he has more the markings of a younger bird than one of 7 or 8 years old and the red flecks and under wing areas didn't appear, he has a red fleck on the cheek and a sort of hew of red over yellow in spots which gives him a cinnamon look. Thanks for the information on the White Eyed ConurePosted Image
I don't know much abut conures or hybrids so he could be a hybrid, but the lady at the rescue knows a lot about birds and she thinks he is a color mutation which happens from time to time in all bird species...whatever Roger is he is gorgeous and has totally stolen my heart...he isn't one for cuddles, well not yet anyway, and wasn't used of being handled much before I got him, but sits very happily on my hand or shoulder and loves it when I talk to him and has a few words to say back to me too like Hello and How are you and calls the dog but I think he might have picked that up here as the people who owned him previously did not have a dogPosted Image He is very sociable but he does bite OUCH!Posted Image He didn't bite me at all yesterday which I thought was wonderful, and he also has only eaten a seed diet up until now, but is ever so willing to try new foods and has eaten toast, porridge, pasta, peas, carrots, cauliflower, bananna which he really loves, apple and cucumber, so he is doing really well. I have ordered a cage for him but it will take about a week to get here, as it has to come from the UK and in the meantime he is living in a borrowed cage. The cage he lived in for the past 7 years was a tiny cage for a bird his size, it was what I would call a big budgie cage or very small cockatiel cage and Roger's a big big boy! He is about the size of a quaker I would say, going by the pictures and info as I have never seen a quaker in reality.
Now this Quaker Traitor has to go feed Roger!Posted Image

Edited by Maire, 05 August 2010 - 04:19 AM.

#8 Mellow.23

Mellow.23

Adv Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

how could anyone say no to that face!

#9 Kiwi's_mom

Kiwi's_mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

Ohhhhh, how could you resist, Roger suits him perfectly! Glad he is adjusting so well, he is beautiful!

#10 Irie5447

Irie5447

Adv Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

What a beautiful bird!

#11 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

Adv Member

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

We are all victims of unconditional love at first sight! Roger is just lucky to have found you, and we are lucky you shared the wonderful photos!

#12 sjs

sjs

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:54 AM

Well, isn't he the cutie! Congrats to you and Roger.
~Sandee~

#13 Maire

Maire

Adv Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Posted ImageHi all, I have not posted here in a long long time, but every now and then I would click into the site and look at the Quaker Parrot and read a little more about them. As you all know, or may or may not remember (its so long ago now) Posted ImagePosted Image I joined this site with the intention of getting my first Quaker Parrot and ended up getting Roger my White Eyed Conure instead. Roger was looking for a new home at the time and I just couldnt resist him Posted Image I still have Roger and he is my pride and joy but Roger now has a new baby brother (unsexed but I call him a boyPosted Image ) His name is PeterPan and he is a nine week old baby Blue Quaker Parrot

Posted Image

#14 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Awwww.....welcome to Peterpan.

I have a blue Quaker too, a 9 month old named Louie.

I also have a green rescued Quaker, age unknown, named Oscar.

How are Roger and Peterpan getting along so far?

Edited by LindeeV, 04 April 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#15 Maire

Maire

Adv Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Awwww.....welcome to Peterpan.

I have a blue Quaker too, a 9 month old named Louie.

I also have a green rescued Quaker, age unknown, named Oscar.

How are Roger and Peterpan getting along so far?

Hi and thanksPosted Image You must have lotsof fun with your guysPosted Image
Roger is really good with PeterPan and so gentle with him, I am so please with the introductions so far. PeterPan is the agressor even at 9 weeks old he sure knows how to hold his ground in true Quaker fashion. PeterPan is only here a ccouple of days and so far I am very pleased with the way the friendshop between Roger and PeterPan is working out. Posted Image

#16 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Roger is looking good! :) But I can imagine him saying, "Can't you wait until I finish this banana before you take my picture?" :lol:

#17 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

He is pretty! i couldnt resist that either!!

#18 sjs

sjs

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Aw, 2 cuties!
~Sandee~