MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Petey'S Progress

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mama to Many

Mama to Many

Adv Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

We've been blessed to add a new quaker to our flock, and his name is Petey :wub: I hope to use this thread as a way to keep his previous parronts up on how he's doing.

I went to meet Petey today with my three daughters. He was such a ham, going through his vocabulary for us :) Debbie (Peteys first Mom) was so nice and I really enjoyed chatting with her. The girls enjoyed snuggling with the dogs and meeting the horses (other than Cassi who's allergic to horses...she had fun playing on a REALLY tall swing :D )

When we got Petey home, we opened his cage and sat back to see what he would do. He flew out and landed on Arianna's (my 13 year old) head. He stepped up onto my hand without any fuss. He hung out with me most of the evening..sharing my pasta for dinner :lol: and really enjoying some scratches around his head and neck. (Lots of "pokies" from molting.)

I know it's probably just the honeymoon phase, but so far Petey has been a real sweet pea and joy to have here. I think he's going to fit into our family perfectly :)

#2 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

Yay!!!! Sounds like everything went smoothly :) Probably is the honeymoon phase, but ya never know!!! Maybe he's just a well socialized Quaker and will do just fine in his new home.

#3 Mama to Many

Mama to Many

Adv Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Carrie-Ann, I'm sure it is the honeymoon phase...I'm going to enjoy all the snuggles while I can :lol:

Day 2 with Petey...what a sweetheart! I introduced Petey to the Zupreem pellets that I feed my other babies...he checked them out, but was more into his seeds. We'll keep working on it :)

Petey seems to have decided that I belong to him. He's extremely sweet with me, smooches, snuggles etc. but he's kind of leery around the kids...especially my younger two. Still no aggression, even in his cage. He REALLY doesn't like going back into his cage. He flies away screeching every time we come close...I swear it almost sounds like he's laughing at us :lol:

Petey is starting to communicate with out other birds...he's been calling back & forth with them...I can't wait for the day they meet! ;)

#4 Mama to Many

Mama to Many

Adv Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Wow has it been a rough week. My stepfather was diagnosed with Leukemia and has begun chemo. We also have had a flu virus come through our family and all four of my children (and me) came down with it.

Petey's been especially helpful..."helping" me with books while I read out loud, and saving me from those mean old tissues that are attacking my face :rolleyes: :lol:

Petey has been my co-pilot, riding around on my shoulder and he loves to snuggle. He has been such a blessing this past week :wub:

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

Awww, so maybe it wasn't just a honeymoon phase. Clyde seems to know when I feel bad, too, and is much less mean to me. Posted Image I'm convinced the honeymoon phase is the Quaker way of making sure you're so madly in love with them by the time they start showing their true colors that you'll put up with their bratty behavior no matter what they do. And they're RIGHT. Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Mama to Many

Mama to Many

Adv Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

Siobhan, I couldn't agree more!! lol :lol:

#7 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

I am so very sorry to read about your step-father. Sending lots of healing thoughts.

I hope you and your children will feel better soon!! The flu can be so nasty.

Ah, sounds like Petey has indeed been a blessing this week. What a sweet guy. I'm so happy you were able to give him a home. He sure is a treasure! Would love to see some new photos when you are feeling up to it. :)