• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mizzely

Mizzely

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Another one that I found is happy to send out some samples is Caitec. They produce what they call "Oven Fresh Bites" which is supposed to be an all natural, baked pellet diet for birds. Here is the information for their site:

Oven Fresh Bites" all natural avian diets provide the solution for the discriminating pet bird owners who are looking for a nutritionally balanced, premium pet bird diet.

"There is an unmistakable aroma of freshness, an inviting semi crunchy texture associated with fresh baked goodies just coming out of the oven. These nuggets/pellets favorably compare to what you might bake at home in your own kitchen, incorporating wholesome fresh local ingredients and slowly baking them to perfection.

Oven Fresh Bites is an all natural avian diet and contains:

• No added sugar
  • No artificial coloring
  • No artificial flavors
  • No chemical preservatives used in the baking process.
Each variety contains natural ingredients selected to appeal to the preferences of specific birds, each ingredient provides a specific nutritional benefit. Together these components supply the foundation for good health, aid in the digestive process, provide necessary energy and improve skin and feather condition.

For more information, go to www.ovenfreshbites.com

I contacted them via their website and had an 8 oz sample of the Medium Parrot size in my house within a week!

Edited by Mizzely, 30 July 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#22 jobo2mi

jobo2mi

Here ... let me get that for you!

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the info...will try to get some of their samples to try on my finicky fids...

#23 Bene_Gesserit

Bene_Gesserit

Adv Member

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

I am so glad this was posted. I had gotten ZuPreem for my fid to try to switch her from seed (which her former neglectful owners gave her,) and I was having NO luck at all. Today I got two 8 oz samples from Roudybush (one crumble size and one mini size,) and Happy went INSANE for the crumbles. She went straight for it and gobbled it down. I don't think I'll even have to worry about the process to change her over, as she's so mad for them! Couldn't be happier here. Thanks for the sample information!

#24 Debbie1210

Debbie1210

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

thanks for info, got nice sample pkg saturday from roudybush. the only other 2 giving FREE samples are hagen and harrisons