MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

How do I get one of those cool signature cartoons?

Majj creates these .. we can have a small tutorial that redirects members to that forum ...

I'm having problems with Pics. How do I resize?
(don't forget to mention resizing "saved" images, so you still have the original.)

There are too many different software packages available to create a general tutorial on resizing ... There are some free online resizing programs available and we could create a tutorial using one of those .. if anyone wants to suggest one...

Pin a sticky to "Quaker Parrot Forum". That's where most of the traffic is.

No pinning in any of the forums .. The purpose for tutorials is to keep the pinning of topics to a minimum. The tutorials link is in main navigating menu and not nested ... That menu gets more hits then most forums and almost always from "newbie" members.

Edited by Dee, 03 November 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

"Using Photobucket"

You don't need to click on the pic, just place your cursor over it, and that drop down will appear.
Simply clicking on the IMG Code, is not enough. You need to hold CTRL, and press "C". (Copy) ;)

There is an existing tutorial for photobucket .. If the tutorial isn't clear or needs to be edit please post suggestion in the topic for that tutorial ... Main tutorials section

You can delete this. ;)

"Avatar"

I'm computer illiterate. What do these things mean? After I choose one, what do I do?

* You can upload a file from your computer
* You can enter a gravatar email address
* You can chose to select a preinstalled avatar from our galleries

There is an existing tutorial for avatars .. If the tutorial isn't clear or needs to be edit please post suggestion in the topic for that tutorial ... Main tutorials section

Edited by Dee, 03 November 2010 - 04:08 AM.

#3 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Replies above in red.

#4 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Added a tutorial on Signatures, with a link to our Sig & Avatar forum so members can request a signature.