MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Mojo'S Story

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ERNIE

ERNIE

Adv Member

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

First a little background. Mojo's first owner died. He was passed to a niece that took him in. He was not handled and had become mean. The niece had a breeder that she knew bring him to a bird fair here in Tulsa.
We saw him in a cage marked as "breeder only" $50. We heard his story and felt that he needed a peaceful home. We took him knowing that we may never handle him. He would lunge at us and bite till we bleed. He would bite, not let go, then twist his head to rip. I believe he was tormented because he had a major fear of hands, and mainly my left one. This went on for two or three weeks. His bites to me became less and less painful. He still bites me sometimes out of reaction but pulls back causing no pain.
My wife had not been able to handle him till recent. He has started letting her touch him. Sometimes when we are all on the couch together. Mojo will walk to her knee and stand there. Not wanting to be touched and watching every move. He stands for a while and then comes back to me. I praise him and tell him he is a good boy. I think he is testing her.
This is where we are now.

#2 Cooper's Mommy

Cooper's Mommy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:16 AM

Awww very sweet, so glad you were there to give him a loving home :)

#3 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Such tremendous progress! Congratulations to you and Mojo! :)

#4 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

Adv Member

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

What a sweet bird! And you are very patient and blessed!

#5 davidk

davidk

Adv Member

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

That is so kind and generous of you folks trying to give this little fellow a chance at a Forever Home. Bless You.

#6 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Omgosh, how did I miss this!!! That is incredible!!! Just goes to show what hard work, patience and a lot of love can do with a bird. Speaks volumes of your character :)

#7 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

Awww, isn't that sweet! Good job. I have a project bird, too, and every little bit of progress is such a big deal! Mine has recently decided she wants to kiss me (I can't kiss HER, but she kisses me, LOL) and tonight she let me stroke her head just for a second. You're doing a lot better than we are! And it looks like Mojo loves you lots!

#8 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

Im so glad that he could fine loving folks like you. its worth it when u see the progress!! :)