MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Tidbit Is Happy In Her New Home!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FIDS mama

FIDS mama

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

Hi All!

It's been a little while and Tidbit is doing great in her new home. If you remember, I had to rehome my little QP Tidbit, because of some illness in my home. After many, many tears, and loads of advice and support from all the wonderful people here, I found Tidbit the best home possible- with my Parents.

My Mom had fussed that she didn't want a bird who would be more demanding than her current cockatiel, but then she also told me she wanted to keep Tidbit in the family. Mind you, my Parents have always been crazy in love with Tidbit. So ... Mom finally called and said to bring Tidbit over. YAY!

Tidbit knows my Parents well, so she adjusted easily. Since her cousin Zephyr the cockatiel lives there, she still had a 'tiel to yell at. lol Mom got her a giant new condo (ok, it's a cage), so Tidbit could have her favorite large toys in her cage. (I have a parrot play tower that those toys went on before.)

Tidbit still is happy to see me when I occasionally see her. She talks to me on the phone when Mom calls me. In fact, when Tidbit hears me on the phone, even if she's across the room from where my Mom's on the phone, she gets all revved up and yells to talk. It makes me happy to know she hasn't forgotten me. Posted Image Mom's spoiling her with all these new toys that she loves!

Eventhough I miss seeing Tidbit's sweet little face each day, especially peering through the "windows" she made (read: chewed) in her cage cover, I feel blessed that she's in a wonderful home, being treated as well as possible. She's happy and healthy and I can even get updates and see her sometimes. As long as she keeps singing all of her favorite songs, doing her little parrot shuffle to them and throwing in an occasional beatbox, I know everything's ok.

Corinne

PS- See her peeking through her "window" in the attached picture?

Attached Files

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

It's nice to hear that Tidbit has settled in well with your parents. It's not surprising that she remembers you-- parrots have excellent memories, and never forget the people they like best :D.

#3 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

I'm glad this transition has gone so well :)

#4 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Glad to hear Tidbit has such a good home, and glad that you are able to still see him.....

#5 KevKaos

KevKaos

Adv Member

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

Gotta love those happy endings.