MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Heeeeerrrre'S Johnny!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

Finally, the brother brought Johnny today. Here he is and he is just the sweetest little thing. He's so soft, too. He came right out and went right to my shoulder and snuggled up. His cage is TINY, he only has one perch and a couple of worn out toys, and he had NO food or water!!!! He does now, naturally, the first thing I did was fix him up properly. I'll move him into Maggie's old cage this weekend so I don't freak him out the first day with all new things, and I'll buy him some toys and a couple new perches as well. He's going to be as spoiled as the others are, of course. All the others are just consumed with curiosity. They've all been taking turns sitting on his cage top and staring down at him. Even Maggie, who generally refuses to acknowledge the presence of other birds in the house. LOL Without further ado, here's a picture. I'll take a better one later. Didn't want to freak him out.

Attached Files

#2 karimonster

karimonster

Adv Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Awww! What a cutie! :)

#3 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

what a beautiful, beautiful cockateil! Congratulations....

#4 Foraging fool

Foraging fool

Adv Member

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

No wonder they had a hard time parting with him. Very cute :D Glad he's in good hands now.

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

He does NOT want to get off my shoulder nor does he want to go back in his cage (can't blame him, as cute as it is, it's way too small). But amazingly, once I got him onto his little front door and he wouldn't go in, I picked him up around his body, like I would Maggie, and he didn't mind. Goodness, Freddie and the Quakers would make me bleed if I did that to them. LOL And once he was in his little cage and I said good night and covered him up, he was as quiet as a mouse. Went right to bed like a good boy. They told me he's 7, so Freddie is still the baby of the family.

So, now we're back to being the Ark. We have two Quakers, two tiels, two budgies, two dogs, two humans ... :lol: Maggie and my hamster are the only singletons, but they like it that way and the INN IS FULL. I sincerely hope nobody else comes along with a bird who needs a home, because I can't resist, nor can I manage to keep any more happy. Clyde and Freddie are already so mad they're not speaking to me. Well, Clyde did kiss me good night. Freddie did not. :huh:

#6 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:04 AM

So happy for you! Am hearing about an owner reunited with a lost bird...and now you finally getting that little one you have been waiting for. Could be a good day today! Such a sweet little baby!:wub:

#7 Stuart's Family

Stuart's Family

Adv Member

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Great!!!!

#8 xerxeys mama

xerxeys mama

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

thats just way to precious!! :)

#9 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Here's a slightly better photo of him. I've dug out Maggie's old cage and fixed it up for him. I like his old cage but it's just so small, and I don't think he's that fond of it or he wouldn't fight going back into it so much.

Attached Files

#10 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

Congratulations (finally) on the new addition to your flock! :D And a hearty welcome to Johnny.

#11 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

He's just the sweetest baby. I can't get over it. They're all so different in personality. Freddie is sweet and affectionate, but he definitely picked up Quakertude from Clyde. :lol: Clyde is Quaker to the core and he loves me, but never lets me forget who's in charge and it AIN'T me. Jade WANTS to be petted and loved, but not if it means she has to let us touch her. :blink: Maggie is Queen of the May and does exactly what she wants and the rest of us just have to get out of the way. Johnny, by contrast, just wants love, love and more love and if he can sit on me and snuggle, that's all he wants from life. :wub:

#12 Cooper's Mommy

Cooper's Mommy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

So glad it has all worked out in the end :)

#13 SantanasMom

SantanasMom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

What a cutie! Johnnie-you are a lucky birdie!!

#14 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Yay, I'm so happy this FINALLY worked out for you!!! Johnny is super adorable! :) Congrats!!

#15 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:59 AM

Johnny found a wonderful nest to land in. I hope the "honeymoon" lasts for a long time. :wub:

...the inn is full...

Don't you mean "the arch is full"? :blush:

Edited by jaytee, 27 February 2011 - 01:03 AM.

#16 Pies Mom

Pies Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Johnny found a wonderful nest to land in. I hope the "honeymoon" lasts for a long time. :wub:

Don't you mean "the arch is full"? :blush:

Don't be ridiculous, Jaytee! Maggie is still the only one :P Can't quit til there's 2 of everything ;)

He is super cute! Glad things finally worked out - I'm sure he was glad to see a loving home, with food and water!

#17 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

He was glad to see the food and water and I think he was glad to see a bigger cage with toys, though so far he hasn't shown much interest in the toys. He might even have been glad to realize he can come out of his bigger cage and hang out and get kissed a lot. What I'm not sure of is that he was glad to see all these siblings. :blink: And yes, the ark is FULL. Maggie doesn't want a pigeon pal, and she ain't getting one. :P Have you seen how much a pigeon POOPS??? :o

#18 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

...And yes, the ark is FULL. Maggie doesn't want a pigeon pal, and she ain't getting one. :P Have you seen how much a pigeon POOPS??? :o

Posted Image

... yes, I have. :o

Edited by jaytee, 28 February 2011 - 01:50 AM.

#19 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

She also likes to get on this very high shelf that runs around the perimeter of the ceiling in the dining room and just park her fat white self there. I can just imagine the state of that shelf, which is too high to see. I can reach it to put something like a book up there and to try to coax her off it to go to bed (which is usually an exercise in frustration) but I can't SEE it. :unsure: Of course, Hubby put the shelf up there specifically for birds to "roost" on, and Maggie's the only one who uses it.