Photo

Creative Toy For Little Sunflower Seeds?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mholden

mholden

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hi, I'm new...Maria...I have a mitered conure and a nanday. I have two questions, please. The nanday is wearing a foam collar, long-term, bc he self-mutilates, so he's more timid bc his mobility is somewhat reduced. I'm wondering what might be some appropriate toys for him. Second, both he and my mitered love the smaller black sunflower seeds, which I currently put into those little colored, semi-transparent plastic "beer steins" - during the day both are in their own room, where they have their open cage and a manzanita "tree" from which are hanging these little cups, essentially. Problem is, they pull up the little cups and spill everything!! So, any ideas on how to suspend the seeds, so they have to hoist them up - but so they dont spill? I tried "gluing" the seeds together with a bit of maple syrup, but that's not a great solution. Thank you!

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

Welcome to QP.com. You should find lots-o-great ideas HERE. You don't have to purchase, take a look around your house, and get creative. ;)

The Nanday should be able to play with hanging toys, just like anybirdie else, he may have a hard time with foot toys, if he can't see them. :mellow: Show him how much fun the toys are, ( BEST TOYS EVER!!!!!!! Posted Image ) Maybe, he'll start taking out his frustration on his toys, instead of himself. Posted Image

It's not a requirement, all are welcome here, just wondering, do you have a QP?

You have described an interesting setup. Posted Image

Got Pics? :D

I'm curious,..... there are dozens of Nandays, that fly over my house daily. :) They're LOUD!!!!! :o How are they as a companion?

Edited by jaytee, 21 March 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#3 mholden

mholden

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Sorry I never replied...No, I dont have a QP...and Bruno, the Nanday, is lovely, but soooo depressed bc he has to wear the tubing around his neck so that he doesnt self-mutilate. My heart breaks, but now I'm going to try a sock buddy :)

#4 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

Adv Member

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

Stick it with the all natural organic peanut butter.