MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Eli Has A New Home

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 berlie

berlie

berlie

• Members
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hello!
I haven't been on this forum since February because my life has been quite frankly turned upside down ... To make a long story short with a happy ending, Janet has adopted Eli McFly as of last Saturday and I am so very very happy for all of them. It looks like a match made in heaven!
I will miss him terribly however, I know he will be content and happy with her family (especially with another one of "his" kind around, Green Bird).
I was so happy with all the words and tricks he learned in his almost 5 years with me. Incredible little birds these Quakers are.
I would encourage you all to do the online class with Susan Freidman "Living and Learning with Parrots" The insight I've gained on the behavior of parrots (and humans alike) is priceless. Positive reinforcement is the key. You can also learn from Barbara Heidenreich because she is very much in the public eye and learned what she teaches from Susan Freidman.

I hope to be visiting more in the future. I only have access to my computer from work so I have to be careful ... ;)

I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays.

Kim ~Berlie~

#2 lovemybirds

lovemybirds

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hello!
I haven't been on this forum since February because my life has been quite frankly turned upside down ... To make a long story short with a happy ending, Janet has adopted Eli McFly as of last Saturday and I am so very very happy for all of them. It looks like a match made in heaven!
I will miss him terribly however, I know he will be content and happy with her family (especially with another one of "his" kind around, Green Bird).
I was so happy with all the words and tricks he learned in his almost 5 years with me. Incredible little birds these Quakers are.
I would encourage you all to do the online class with Susan Freidman "Living and Learning with Parrots" The insight I've gained on the behavior of parrots (and humans alike) is priceless. Positive reinforcement is the key. You can also learn from Barbara Heidenreich because she is very much in the public eye and learned what she teaches from Susan Freidman.

I hope to be visiting more in the future. I only have access to my computer from work so I have to be careful ... ;)

I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays.

Kim ~Berlie~

I have eli mcfly he is so cute my quaker Greenbird dont like him much but eli is crazy about greenbird. Greenbird was a resuce and my first quaker. so this is an update on eli. now i am getting a third bird his name is Pete. he was rescued from an abondoned home his family just left him there to die. To save him they had to break into the home and get him out. He has been to the vet and is in good health and he will be comming to me on Thursday.

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

I am so glad someone realized Pete was there and broke in to get him! How could they just leave their bird behind to die? Somebody ought to find those people and beat the living daylights out of them. :angry: I'd use stronger language if I thought I could get away with it here.

#4 Birdysue

Birdysue

Adv Member

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

I am so glad someone realized Pete was there and broke in to get him! How could they just leave their bird behind to die? Somebody ought to find those people and beat the living daylights out of them. :angry: I'd use stronger language if I thought I could get away with it here.

I have read of other pets being abandoned, too, when people have to lose their home.. I think they must be so overwhelmed that they cannot think straight.. But what would prevent them from just calling an animal shelter.. hard to understand.. i would have been thinking about what to do with my animals long before i got forclosed on. I have places for all of my animals to go if something happens to me... Its not something i would leave to chance....:o

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Overwhelmed or not, they knew they were leaving a living thing behind to starve. That's unforgivable. They don't come and throw you out with no notice. You have 90 days in most states from notice of foreclosure to eviction. Sometimes more.

#6 sjs

sjs

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

They might have intended to return but were prevented.
So glad Kim righted this situation. Best wishes to GreenBird, Eli and Pete.
~Sandee~