MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

How To Post Smilies From An External Source

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

If you like Smilies, and would like to use more than are available at the site you're on, here, for instance. There are 10's of thousands of Smilies out there, just waiting to be used.

I don't know how to use a Mac, nor Cell Phone, these directions are for PC/Windows Operating System.

You'll need to make a few preliminary steps. :blush: Start by going to "My Pictures" on your operating system (in this tutorial, Windows operating system is being used). Depending on your operating system, there are a few ways to "Create A New Folder". You may have to click on 'Options', 'Tools', or maybe 'File', with my program, I click on 'Organize'..........

Posted Image

In the Drop Down Menu, click on 'New Folder,' a new folder will appear, give it a name, (Smilies) and click save, or done, what ever.

If you don't, already, have one, you'll need an Online Photo Host. There are many to choose from...... Flicker, Picaso......... I prefer Photobucket, and will refer my directions there.

You can open an account at Photobucket by clicking on the word. ;) Once you have an account, you can create 'folders'.

At Photobucket's home page, click on 'My Home'. There you can do lots of things, such as, setting up a Profile, but that's not what this is about. :blush:

Posted Image

When you click on 'Upload File', you will be given the option to 'Create New Album'. click on that, and name your new album 'Smilies", then upload from your 'My Pictures' 'Smilies'. ....but wait, there are no Smilies there!!!!!!!

Once you've established 'Smilies' in My Pictures, and 'Photobucket'. you can upload them to Photobucket. We're almost there :P

FINDING SMILIES

There are a few ways to find your smilies. The first is, any site you may be on, forum, chat box, whatever. Another way is to do search for 'Smilies'. You'll find tens of thousands. :o You can narrow your search by trying something like....... 'smiles angel' Posted Image , or 'smilies frustrated', Posted Image . When you find the smilie(s) you're interested in, right click on it, and "Save As" to your 'Smiles Folder' in ' My Pics'. Once you have saved a smilie, or many, you can upload them to Photobucket/smilies. Please note: As with anything you download off the internet, be aware of files that may contain viruses. A good virus protection program should catch anything suspicious associated with the file you download.

One more thing. :blush: 'Tabs'. Most browsers offer the use of tabs.

I, currently, have 5 'Tabs' open .......

Posted Image

The first is 'QP.com', then 'Smilies', then the rest.

Opening 'Tabs' depends on your browser. You may have to go to 'File', 'Options', 'Tools',....... Posted Image

By using Tabs, you can navigate from site, to site, without closing a site, or loosing info.

With your smilies saved to Photobucket, or your prefered hosting site, and 'Tabs' in line line, you're ready to post all the smilies you want. Posted Image

Edited by Carrie~Anne, 11 January 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#2 Nyenna

Nyenna

Adv Member

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say to download this before going to any smiley sites, however. It's an add-on for your browser that allows you to see whether or not the site is a phishing / scam / virus-infested site, or a safe one. Also useful when shopping. A lot of the smiley sites are the scum of the internet. I know of at least one that's just utterly terrible.

#3 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Excellent tutorial suggestion, Jaytee....will go over it a bit more extensively when I have time and put it up as a tutorial. Thanks!!

#4 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Tutorial submitted.

For more discussion on this tutorial, please click here: Smilies Tutorial

Edited by Carrie~Anne, 11 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.