MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Female Quaker Needs Experienced Home

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kzhowell

Kzhowell

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Let me start out by saying that just typing this post is bringing me to tears. I love my little green fluff ball. Unfortunately, I must find Bebe, my 4 year old female Quaker, a new home. It is very important that this new owner is experienced with Quakers,because she is more than a handful. I would also recommend that the new home not have any small birds, she has been aggressive toward my parakeets and has caused serious injury. My husband and I would keep her if we were not trying to start a family. I fear that Bebe is almost over bonded to me. She chases down and attacks anyone who comes near me. This makes me extremely fearful for my future baby. I don't want to over shadow the joy she has brought into my life however. She loves to dance and sing. Will spend all day cuddling. She is mostly trained not to poop on people, we all have our accidents. She is not a plucker. She goes bonkers when she hears running water, because she loves baths. Oh, and she likes to go caving. Yes, she would prefer to spend a good part of her day tunneling around under a blanket.
Please post any questions below. I would love to find her a forever home with a loving and patient family.

Edited by Kzhowell, 15 January 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#2 MrsBlackjack

MrsBlackjack

Adv Member

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

I sincerely hope someone can help you. Going forward, you really need to look at what your life plan is before getting any fur/feather kids, they really are for life.

#3 Kzhowell

Kzhowell

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

1326698184[/url]' post='623722']
I sincerely hope someone can help you. Going forward, you really need to look at what your life plan is before getting any fur/feather kids, they really are for life.

I know and I don't need to be told this. I have owned birds and parrots all of my life. If Bebe hadn't become so aggressive we would have kept her. We are keeping all the other birds we own.
This is hard enough. Please keep all negative comments about me and my judgment to yourself.

#4 lovemyboys

lovemyboys

Adv Member

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Are you still needing a home for your baby and where in Nc are you located?

Let me start out by saying that just typing this post is bringing me to tears. I love my little green fluff ball. Unfortunately, I must find Bebe, my 4 year old female Quaker, a new home. It is very important that this new owner is experienced with Quakers,because she is more than a handful. I would also recommend that the new home not have any small birds, she has been aggressive toward my parakeets and has caused serious injury. My husband and I would keep her if we were not trying to start a family. I fear that Bebe is almost over bonded to me. She chases down and attacks anyone who comes near me. This makes me extremely fearful for my future baby. I don't want to over shadow the joy she has brought into my life however. She loves to dance and sing. Will spend all day cuddling. She is mostly trained not to poop on people, we all have our accidents. She is not a plucker. She goes bonkers when she hears running water, because she loves baths. Oh, and she likes to go caving. Yes, she would prefer to spend a good part of her day tunneling around under a blanket.
Please post any questions below. I would love to find her a forever home with a loving and patient family.

#5 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

I just sent this to one of my FB friends who lives in NC...don't know where you're located, but maybe she can help you. Good luck! :)

#6 NCVon

NCVon

Slave of FIDs

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Thanks Dani. KZ are you anywhere near Gastonia, Kings Mtn, Shelby area of NC? Are you still looking for a good home for your quaker? If so please message me on here and I will check back. I am currently downsizing my flock (my breeders) as I am no longer doing so but I might know a couple of very good homes where she would be loved and well cared for.

Von and The Nest Gang