MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

George Is 14 Today

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

George is our basset and he came home 10 years ago today. The vet and the people we got him from both said he was "about 4" so that makes him 14 today (I designate their gotcha day as their birthday if I don't know when it really is). He sleeps a lot and he doesn't get around as well as he used to, but he's in good health otherwise and he had macaroni and cheese for supper to celebrate. They don't get a lot of table scraps anymore because they were both getting too fat, so that was a big treat. He had a little stroke about a year ago but he recovered almost completely and the vet just saw him in December and said he's doing very well.

He belonged to a family with a boy about 9 and a female basset who was in heat. Naturally George wanted to, um, meet the female, so instead of getting one of them fixed, they gave George away, and he was that little boy's dog. He still alerts whenever he sees a boy that age on a bicycle, and the boy called about a week after we brought George home to see how he was settling in. It took George quite a while to get over missing that kid -- he wanted to go outside constantly, and he'd head straight for the car. It couldn't have been more clear: It's been a nice visit but I'd like for you to take me home now. :( He loves us now but he sure didn't want to stay at first. When we did take him somewhere in the car, he'd get so excited and run back and forth in the back seat, until he realized we weren't taking him "home." Then he'd just sit down and gaze sadly out the window.

#2 ZoeyBird

ZoeyBird

Adv Member

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

HAPPY GOTCHA/BIRTHDAY George!!! That is such a sweet and sad story but at least he got a happy ending!

#3 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Happy 14th, George! :)

#4 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

Happy Birthday George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

Happy doggie day :D

#6 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Happy belated, George. Hope you had a great day. :)

#7 MrsBlackjack

MrsBlackjack

Adv Member

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

Aweee bless, Happy Birthday George :)