• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 devmania

devmania

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

Hi,

I have a baby parrot. I got it two days back. From today morning my parrot is not making any sound i think he is facing difficulty in making sound. I notice liquid kind of thing in his nose. So i thing it caught cold. How do i treat him. How to treat him at home. Please help me.

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Keep him warm. Put a light next to his cage, so he can get closer to get warm but move away if he gets too hot. See if he'll eat some plain yogurt or a piece of orange. Do you have a veterinarian you can call?

#3 DesireeH

DesireeH

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Keep him warm. Put a light next to his cage, so he can get closer to get warm but move away if he gets too hot. See if he'll eat some plain yogurt or a piece of orange. Do you have a veterinarian you can call?

I have a quaker that is about 1 now and he was sounding kind of weezy yesterday. I took him out to get some warm sun today and he is sounding better. Even tho he sounded wheezy for a couple of days he has been eating and drinking fine, and today he he is chattering away again. I am just scared of a fungal infection and i cant get him into the vet until friday. Is there anything i can do at home until then? Just figured I would ask you because you sound experienced with this sort of thing...thank you and any advice would be helpful :)

#4 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

If he's eating and drinking and pooping normally, and behaving normally, he's probably all right. The very first thing you look at is poop. If he's pooping as much as usual and it looks the same as usual, that usually means he's okay.

#5 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

For future reference, what exactly does a 'bad' poop look like? I've seen a good range of different colours and textures from my guys, I guess cos they eat a lot of different things, but what do you look out for particularly? Nic.