MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Pigeons Galore!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

A few days ago, I went to visit my uncle. He raises, sells, and trades pigeons. I snuck outside to smoke a cigarette, and took my camera with. Here are a few pics......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These 2 are wearing slippers :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I didn't get a chance to ask him about the birds, though. Several weeks ago, he had a quint-bipass (yes, that's 5 :o ) , and a couple weeks ago, a heart attack took him from us for a short time. Posted Image When I went back in from taking the pics, there was a nurse there, checking vitals, and such, so we left, so she could do her thing. We had a short heart-to-heart before that. :) :( Posted Image

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Awww, I love pidgies! They make SUCH a mess, but it's worth it because they're so sweet.

#3 ZoeyBird

ZoeyBird

Adv Member

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

That is a very nice loft, looks like he has some Tumblers in there (the ones with feathered feet)Do you know if he competes with them? I have never seen a tumbler kit fly myself (mine are all homers) but I hear it is really neat to watch.