MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Update On My Baby Girl

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bradley

Bradley

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Today is a much better day for Patty! She is taking to the pellets really well! I put nothing but those in her food dish and she loves them. She still prefers to eat and drink while I hold her food/water dish. I assume this is her idea of eating with part of the flock (me). I noticed she is having more fun with her millet spray holder as well as enjoying her new wooden perch :D She took to her new ladder a little more because she didn't charge at it tonight. She was trying to unscrew the clip and I believe this was so she could remove it lol. She was also fairly talkative today! She had a good 10 min period where she would talk/laugh. I have no idea as to what she's saying but she must find it funny. She seems to be trying a few new words as well so I'm very excited about that! Still, I am enjoying learning about her as each day passes and look forward to a great relationship with her! You sure get attached quickly!

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Good to hear everyone's settling in together! And yes, you're finding out what we all know -- these little green monsters take over your heart and life in no time. You'll be buying stuff for her and considering how to spend more time with her and arranging your day around her before you know it. :lol:

#3 headfeathermistress

headfeathermistress

Adv Member

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Sounds great. It is true, you do get attached super quickPosted Image

#4 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

So true. Today Cadbury and I have been to school assembly and had breakfast at the cafe, then we drove into town and met with a gallery owner where I am showing next year, and she immediately hopped onto his shoulder and made a new friend. Now she is happily chatting away to herself in her cage while I paint. We go everywhere together, and everyone who meets her loves her. They are the most amazingly sweet bird the QP!

#5 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hope she is safe when she is out even with clipped wings they can fly far if they have the wind on their side.. Besides that she sounds so cute :) are you going to paint a pic of her?

#6 Bradley

Bradley

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Good to hear everyone's settling in together! And yes, you're finding out what we all know -- these little green monsters take over your heart and life in no time. You'll be buying stuff for her and considering how to spend more time with her and arranging your day around her before you know it. :lol:

I've already found this to be true! lol I've been buying her new things near every day since I've had her. Seems every time I walk by her cage, I find myself stopping and playing with her for a bit before I carry on with my task.

So true. Today Cadbury and I have been to school assembly and had breakfast at the cafe, then we drove into town and met with a gallery owner where I am showing next year, and she immediately hopped onto his shoulder and made a new friend. Now she is happily chatting away to herself in her cage while I paint. We go everywhere together, and everyone who meets her loves her. They are the most amazingly sweet bird the QP!

I can't wait to have that sort of relationship with Patty! I hope to have her for a very long time and when the day comes.... Posted Image I'll no doubt find another QP (if I don't have another one way before then Posted Image)

Hope she is safe when she is out even with clipped wings they can fly far if they have the wind on their side.. Besides that she sounds so cute :) are you going to paint a pic of her?

Her safety is my number 1 concern :) If she is out of her cage, I, or someone else, is always around to keep an eye on her. She does seem to enjoy the time in her cage which I'm very grateful for since she was allowed free roam privileges before I got her. I'll be sure to get a few pics up tomorrow for you guys!

Thanks to all of you for the input! It gives me much to look forward to and will help ensure a long, quality life for Patty!

#7 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Soz bradley was a reply to gwolly....

#8 Bradley

Bradley

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Soz bradley was a reply to gwolly....

lol I see! not a problem! Posted Image

#9 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

She is taking to the pellets really well!

Good girl, Patty! :)

She still prefers to eat and drink while I hold her food/water dish. I assume this is her idea of eating with part of the flock (me).

That, and she undoubtedly enjoys getting the "royal treatment" of having her slave serve her meals. :D

You sure get attached quickly!

Quakers do have that effect on people. :) Glad that things are going well for you and Patty.

#10 Bradley

Bradley

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

That, and she undoubtedly enjoys getting the "royal treatment" of having her slave serve her meals. :D

LOL! Hmm... I never thought of it that way...

seems I need to go buy another perch that'll help keep her beak trimmed up. She seems to be using her cage and the new wooden perch I bought the other day (anything but her cuttlebone!) for this purpose.

#11 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

I never have her out under open skies especially since that awful post about the Falcon. You know Bradley, I can't take any credit for Cadbury being so tame and social. She was like that from day 1...in fact from minute 1...at the pet shop she hopped onto my shoulder and has practically been there ever since...and she loved my husband straight away too...I thought they were all like that! But after being on the forum I feel she had really great breeders who hand raised her very well, and I know the pet shop we go to, the girls in there play with the birds regularly and keep them tame. They are all bird lovers and many of them have their own birds that hang with them in the shop. It's really a well run shop, that's why I like to patronize them and spend all my money there LOL. But seriously I fell very blessed that we ended up with Cadbury. She is a sweetie. Nic.