• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

From being in such bad shape we thought he wouldn't even live to able to use his wings to help him hop up on the step in the birds' room in less than a week. Mulligan's doing really well. He's still very skittish and he spends a lot of time hiding under Maggie's table, but he's eating and pooping and walking around and very interested in everything. He even pecked at some of the seeds Maggie threw on the floor when she ate her dinner.

He was standing next to the dryer tonight when Gigi came along to get a drink and she stretched her neck to get a better look at him and he stood his ground. She's been trained to let the birds be, and I said "no" and she instantly obeyed and walked away. I didn't think for a second she'd bother him. She was only curious. But I don't want him stressed while he's still healing up.

#2 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Glad his getting better :D and I hope you don't call his owner to say his better and keep him.you put in the effort to save him :D

#3 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

I'm glad Mulligan is doing well. :) How are the others taking to hi s presence?

..........."there's no more room in the inn"...............

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jaytee, 06 May 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#4 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

How's Boss Bird Clyde reacting to the new addition? I am really glad Mulligan is doing so well. Maggie should be very happy indeed!

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Maggie is still ignoring him. She hasn't seen another pigeon for six years and may think he's one of the parrots, who are beneath her notice. :lol:

The parrots stare at him but that's because he's new. Otherwise they don't mind. Jade is especially fascinated with him.

I have no intention of calling that pigeon club guy. He said to "dispose" of him. He didn't say call him back if he gets well. So we're his family now. Besides, he can't fly, though he can boost himself up on the step now. What would a racing club want with a pidge who can't fly? It's going to be months before his wing and tail grow back and he'll have to build up his muscles all over again by then. I expect him to be able to flap around the house easily enough but I can't see him being able to do a sustained flight like a racer would have to do.