MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Birdtricks Training Packages?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lexii016

lexii016

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hello all!! I've been thinking for a while whether or not to buy some of the DVDs from birdtricks.com... has anyone here tried them?? Would you recommend it?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated Posted Image

#2 Uschi

Uschi

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

I was wondering about those, too, looking forward to hear if anyone tryed them

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

I have had a couple of packages from them. They give you good ideas, however, they suggest taking out favourite foods so they can be used to train the birds. Also they occasionally suggest to let the parrot get hungry so it will react better to a training session by using food rewards. Honestly, I would never deprive Shah of food but he does love sunflower seeds which he only gets occasionally so I have thought of using that as the food reward. I have recently purchased the parrot talking package but havent been able to view it as yet. One DVD set I really loved was Barbara (cant think of her last name) - it was a workshop that she did with birds from members of the audience. I really learned a lot from that one. And she really was in tune with the birds.

#4 Uschi

Uschi

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Thanks for the info, I do the same thing with the treats, my parakeets favorite is spray millet, the conures and
Quakers love peanuts, so that is what they get only out of my hand. But I never let them go hungry, they come
for the treats anyway. Will check to find something with Barbara, hope there will be only one ;-))

I have had a couple of packages from them. They give you good ideas, however, they suggest taking out favourite foods so they can be used to train the birds. Also they occasionally suggest to let the parrot get hungry so it will react better to a training session by using food rewards. Honestly, I would never deprive Shah of food but he does love sunflower seeds which he only gets occasionally so I have thought of using that as the food reward. I have recently purchased the parrot talking package but havent been able to view it as yet. One DVD set I really loved was Barbara (cant think of her last name) - it was a workshop that she did with birds from members of the audience. I really learned a lot from that one. And she really was in tune with the birds.