Does Disco Look Too Thin?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiscoQP

DiscoQP

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't know how much Disco weighs at the moment, but when I first got her she seemed a bit thin. She has gained some weight since then (I think!).. but I am always worried she isn't eating enough. Does she look as though she is a normal weight? I always see much more heavier looking quakers... is she just petite? Haha.

Attached File  disco.jpg   117.88KB   3 downloadsAttached File  disco3.jpg   116.56KB   0 downloadsAttached File  disco2.jpg   118.32KB   0 downloads

I realize going off of pictures is not a really good indication. I plan to get her weighed to see if she is between the 100-120 gram weight range, but I feel she might be a smaller quaker? I am not sure!

This is all coming from a Quaker mom who looks at EVERY dropping Disco makes to make sure she is okay. I worry about her a little too much, sometimes :P

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Disco looks fine in those pictures-- a little wet maybe. :lol: She probably is a petite QP; Ralph is also on the smaller side. Quaker size does vary among individual parrots. Not long ago, I saw a young QP (4 months old) in a pet store who was almost twice Ralph's size. Weighing Disco is a good idea and should give you a better handle on things.

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I think the best thing to do is get your bird weighed and take it from there. The vet likes me to keep Shah around 100 grams. I see some other quakers and they look a lot bigger than Shah so dont worry about what others look like. If she is eating and healthy then she will be okay.