MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Does Disco Look Too Thin?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiscoQP

DiscoQP

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't know how much Disco weighs at the moment, but when I first got her she seemed a bit thin. She has gained some weight since then (I think!).. but I am always worried she isn't eating enough. Does she look as though she is a normal weight? I always see much more heavier looking quakers... is she just petite? Haha.

Attached File  disco.jpg   117.88KB   3 downloadsAttached File  disco3.jpg   116.56KB   0 downloadsAttached File  disco2.jpg   118.32KB   0 downloads

I realize going off of pictures is not a really good indication. I plan to get her weighed to see if she is between the 100-120 gram weight range, but I feel she might be a smaller quaker? I am not sure!

This is all coming from a Quaker mom who looks at EVERY dropping Disco makes to make sure she is okay. I worry about her a little too much, sometimes :P

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Disco looks fine in those pictures-- a little wet maybe. :lol: She probably is a petite QP; Ralph is also on the smaller side. Quaker size does vary among individual parrots. Not long ago, I saw a young QP (4 months old) in a pet store who was almost twice Ralph's size. Weighing Disco is a good idea and should give you a better handle on things.

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I think the best thing to do is get your bird weighed and take it from there. The vet likes me to keep Shah around 100 grams. I see some other quakers and they look a lot bigger than Shah so dont worry about what others look like. If she is eating and healthy then she will be okay.