MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

New Guy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BeakerBird

BeakerBird

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hello all, I am a new member to the forum and to bird ownership. I recently purchased a 10 week old green Quaker from the local pet store and have spent the last week getting familiar with each other. I have named "him" Beaker, as I am a chemist Posted Image

Beaker enjoys learning to use his wings (clipped, but he can still glide), exploring the new home, and sitting on my shoulder. If I remove him from my shoulder and put him in my lap, he goes straight back to the shoulder. He already steps up for me on command, and he loves the kids.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

Welcome to you and Beaker. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask :)

#3 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hi to Beaker....I just watched the Muppet movie a couple of days ago, and remembered 'Beaker'. Good name. I like it.

#4 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Welcome to you and Beaker! :) That is a good choice for a name. I imagine that Erlenmeyer would be a little too hard for a parrot to learn to say... :D Beaker is a handsome Quaker and seems to be settling in very well with you and your family.