MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

More Opinions Me Leaving 2 Qp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luvquakers87

luvquakers87

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Anyone can tell me other tips or if my plans are fine????

Im going away for like 5 days. I've had one quaker since he was 3 weeks old and the other at 5 weeks(got her 2wks laters). They both are 10 weeks. I was planning on sending them to a friends house. They never really met her. Should I make a few trips to her house with them? I might do it anyway. Also im not sure with her schedule when she is home, so i might have to start now in not taking them out of their cage often. My friend already has a cockatiel or parakeet.(dont remember)

I have until August 24, so I think I have plenty of time for them adjust with a new schedule and less play time :unsure: ...?

Thanks

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

It's definitely a good idea for your parrots and your friend to get to know each other. If you can find out what the birds' schedule will be while they're staying with your friend, and get them used to that schedule now, it could help them feel more comfortable when they're there too.

Edited by cnyguy, 23 July 2012 - 08:23 PM.