MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Quaker Tapping?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ColoredQuaker

ColoredQuaker

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

My quaker seems to be tapping with his beak against the glass really fast every time I get near him. When I do he'll try to bite me but will take treats. He still gets on my hand and plays with me. Whats the reason for this?

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

I have no idea what the reason for tapping is. SMOOCHES, QP never did it, Tweety, TIEL does it all the time, even while sitting on my shoulder. Posted Image

#3 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Spiggy taps with his foot and sometimes with his beck and will sometimes bite if you disturb him :D..

#4 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ralph likes to tap on things with his beak, just for the fun of it. :) He's invented a few tapping games, which usually require me to tap back in the same way-- loud or soft, proper number of taps, etc. If I do it wrong, I get squawked at. :lol: Your QP may just be trying to get your attention-- or he may have devised a game: "tap on the glass, get my slave to come let me out, then bite."

#5 Linzanity

Linzanity

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Lol @ cnyguy!!! Tweety has a lil mirror in her cage n will tap on it n call her self a pretty bird.