MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Cage Cover Achieved!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gypsie&Tango

Gypsie&Tango

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

So Here is the cage cover I just made for gypsie and tango's new cage. It is a lovely olive green with a dusky purple trim at the opening...

Attached File  IMG_20131213_192932.jpg   157.42KB   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20131213_193004.jpg   210.25KB   1 downloads
By the way the rope at the front is in the cage so they can climb out so its poking through the cover lol!!!

#2 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Very nice! How do Gypsy and Tango feel about it. Do they squawk when you cover them? The rope is a good idea, and cute too. There's no way my QP's could share the same cage, even if it was huge.

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

How do you keep the floor so CLEAN? I sweep and mop and vacuum and still it looks like parrots live in their room. LOL

#4 Gypsie&Tango

Gypsie&Tango

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Lol, the cage in that photo is pulled out but behind it there is a floor mat that catches everything they drop... Plus my dog vacuums around it every day lol.

Gypsie and tango love it!! They love sharing a cage too... If I ever separate them I would have a mutiny! I hand raised them from 2 weeks old together and they have bonded.

#5 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

What a sweet story!! No wonder they are bonded! :)

I have a female Golden Retriever named Gypsy. She has become a real connoisseur of dropped parrot food, a stray parrot toy outside the cages is even better! She tries to play with the parrots by rolling her balls under their cages or leaving her toys in the seed skirts! :)

#6 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

That cover is a lot classier than the old cotton tablecloth I use for Ralph's cage cover. smile.png

#7 Gypsie&Tango

Gypsie&Tango

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

haha, Chloe (my doggie) LOVEs it when she can steal a parrot toy! she has so many of her own though you'd think she had enough! she honestly gets a new toy every time i go to a pet shop... or near a pet shop... or any other shop lol! she has about 100 stuffed toys and balls but NO!! the parrot toys are better! 

i used to use an old sheet but when i got the bigger cage it only covered like the top half so i decided to make one to fit.... and if i was gonna do all that work then it was gonna have to be pretty lol... 

gypsie and tango tell me when its bed time by sitting on their sleep perch up the top of the cage and they try to pull the cover across through the bars. they got it about 30cms across last night before i took the hint and covered them for night night! 

#8 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

You did a great job! I feel bad now. I drape Popeye's cage with quilts and clothes pins when the Quakers are out, and at night he only gets the top half of his cage covered. I really need to do better!

#9 kholder

kholder

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

I use a fitted queen sheet that works great, but now I wish I could sew!

#10 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I use tablecloths, twin sheets and blanket throws for mine and deliberately leave the bottom half of the cage uncovered because I have a couple who've had night frights and I want them to be able to see if they have nightmares and wake up. 

Freddie does not like being covered at all and I can imagine how he would react if I covered his entire cage (he's one of the night fright birds). Jade always whispers "kiss kiss" once her cover is on and won't be satisfied until I whisper it back to her. 

#11 Bene_Gesserit

Bene_Gesserit

Adv Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

I should make Happy a cage cover, now I'm jealous of yours.  She came with two OOOGLY blankets that I've always used just because she's used to them, but neither is big enough for her cage...one is grey/black/white camoflauge (!) and the other is brown. I could really do without looking at them, and I own a sewing machine that I know how to use.

Thanks for the pic and idea!

#12 Gypsie&Tango

Gypsie&Tango

Adv Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

I used a stetch fabric so that it fit more snug :-) I barely know how to use a sewing machine so anyone with any knowledge can provably do 10 times better!! Best of luck!
  • Bene_Gesserit likes this