MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

New Names, New Cages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

I wanted to share photos of Merry and Pippin's brand new cage. They have patiently waited three weeks for their new comfortable home while they stayed in their cramped little temporary cage. I love the little door and clamp on bathtub. So do they. Joe changed their names to Merry and Pippin from Frosty and Fiona because he really likes them and they remind him of hobbits.

I changed Shadow's name to Sweet Pea because Sweet Pea fits her. :) She is the sweetest little girl. Her new cage is the cage Zeke brought with him. I included a pic of her basketball goal because she absolutely loves it. I had seen them, but didn't think the birds would play with them. Mom got this one. Now I have to get more for the rest of the flock. I think Sweet Pea will be happy in her new place.

Zeke is still waiting for his new cage. Poor guy, promises, promises. His new temporary cage is much larger than his old one but he doesn't care. He's throwing his food bowls and refusing to come out. The little booger.

http://s791.photobuc...erry and Pippin

http://s791.photobuc...brary/Sweet Pea

Edited by Allee, 26 February 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

They DO look like hobbits. LOL Your husband is absolutely correct in that assessment. As for Sweet Pea, her name suits her perfectly, and those are both very nice cages and well-appointed, too. Zeke is just being a Quaker. LOL Though it's nice he feels secure and loved enough to throw a tantrum. Scared birds don't have tantrums. How is Sparkle doing?

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

The cages look great.  I have no doubt that all birdies (except Zeke) will be very happy.  (I especially love the glitter ball in with Pippin and Merry.)

#4 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for your kind words Ladies. :) Oh dear! Does that mean the new birds will soon be throwing tantrums?

Pippin beats the snot out of that little disco ball already. He has taken several baths too. Merry is shyer. She watches Pippin from her swing.

Zeke must feel very secure!! He came out of his new cage like a mad Grizzly today. He flew straight to Sweet Pea's cage and yelled at her and tried to bite her through the bars. I moved him off her cage and he flew to the kitchen. Harry went in Zeke's cage to help herself to his dinner. I closed the door. Zeke came back and went into Harry's cage. I had second thoughts and opened both cages so they could reconsider. The doors were open for two hours and neither one came out. I closed the doors and put them to bed. Both of them seem very pleased. Harry is sleeping in Zeke's swing and Zeke is sleeping next to Harry's mirror. Their cages have been side by side so I guess they safe in each other's cages?

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

It must be similar to the reason horses stick their heads through the fence to eat grass that's growing three inches away from the grass on THEIR side and is the exact SAME kind of grass. LOL Freddie and Johnny do the same thing. Johnny gets in Freddie's cage and settles down for the night and Freddie crawls under Johnny's paper and whistles Andy Griffith to himself. I have, on occasion, let them sleep in the other one's cage, but in the morning, they're grumpy. So now I make Freddie come out from under Johnny's paper and go to bed in his own cage and Johnny, the only bird who will let me reach into a cage after him, has to step up and go to his own cage to sleep.

#6 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Siobhan. That makes me feel better. Frankie whistling Andy Griffith under the paper made me smile too. I felt like a realtor yesterday trying to talk the Quakers back to their own cages. It was obvious Zeke wanted his own cage back but he needs a bigger one, wether he wants it or not. Popeye, Zeke and Harry are giving me a harder time than the new Fids.