MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

We Are New

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tj Jones

tj Jones

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Hi, I would like to introduce my self and my fiddo. My name is Tammy and my fiddo's name is Camo short for camoflage. He (I think) is very spoiled. I take him to work with me every day. I work with adults that are intellecually challenged. They think Camo is wonderful. They are watching him learn to talk and he does silly things to make them and me laugh. He helps me at the computer and my desk although he thinks it is his. I keep a big basket in my office that has his toys in so he has his own place to play. Camo likes to ride in the car and he often gets a ride home with my husband Les, if I end up having to work late. I've never had a quaker before but I did have cockatiels. I have found quakers are not the same.I will probably asking lots of questions and reading every post I can find. I want my baby to be as happy as he can be.

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Welcome to the Forum! smile.png If Camo is spoiled, he'll fit right in around here. biggrin.png

#3 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like Camo leads a very interesting life.

#4 cindylou_38

cindylou_38

Rose

• Members
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Welcome Tammy and Camo. How old is he. What are you looking to learn about in Quakers? I have one his name is Joey , he is 10 years old . And as spoiled as any quaker can be. They have such different personality than any other bird.

#5 tj Jones

tj Jones

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

That is the deal. I have raised cockatiels. Camo is my first quaker. He seems to change moods quite quickly. One day he might like one person really well and the next day is trying to bite them. The biting came out of the blue. One day he is a sweety the next a biter. What happened?

#6 Fig

Fig

Adv Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

That's the way they are. Little mood swingers. Skye, my blue Quaker is a real sweetheart, but will also suddenly decide to bite.

I told him, in a firm voice, "Don't bite!".  He looked at me and then croaked, "don't bite!".  I had to laugh.

• tj Jones likes this

#7 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Life with a Quaker can be like getting stuck on an out-of-control elevator. Sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down, and it can be hard to predict which way it will go. Most Quakers do seem to have more than one personality-- after a while, most of us get used to it. Sometimes you can read their moods and adapt to them, but it takes time to learn what to expect.

#8 tj Jones

tj Jones

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the feed back. It helps to know its not me doing something wrong because sometimes it seems like he thinks he is protecting me or my property. (his property LoL)biggrin.png

#9 QuakerFriend

QuakerFriend

Adv Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Sometimes if you change your schedule, they will get upset with you. Or even moving the cage toys or furniture around the room. I have heard some even hate if you wear a certain color or shirt. I have to go visit Bob every few days at the pet store. Otherwise he will become very cage aggressive, (he isn't normally, I feel very lucky lol)