MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

A Fantastic Quaker Toy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I love buying parrot toys and all my birds love getting them, except the quakers. The quakers are suspicious of anything new and it usually takes days for their curiosity to kick in enough to actually touch or play with the toy.

Sweet Pea brought a basketball game with her when she moved in. My mom gave it to her when Sweet Pea was with her. Sweet Pea likes all her toys but she loves the basketball toy. I finally found one at a pet store the other day, but they only had one. I gave the new goal to Zeke and expected him to avoid it like he usually does. He went right over and started playing with it! It kept him busy for most of the afternoon. If you find one of these toys you should grab it, they aren't expensive at all and even shy quakers like them.
  • Bene_Gesserit and Cindi&Jeriel like this

#2 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

I got a bowling game for Ringo that's actually meant for budgies (size-wise) and she's just about beaten it to death. I'll look for a basketball game for her, too. The bowling game has attached pins with a mirror behind it and a little ball, also attached, and she just pecks those things but she likes it. 

#3 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

I'll look for bowling pin games too. I see what you mean about size. I know these are intended for parakeets but the bigger birds don't care. It's fun to give them toys they really like.

#4 Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Mr P actually prefers the budgie sized toys..not sure why.

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

You want to see something funny, it's my pigeon who prefers budgie toys. LOL She doesn't play with toys a lot, but when she does, those are her preference. Imagine your college-age son playing with his toddler brother's toys. That's what it looks like. 

• Allee likes this

#6 Oteyspeople

Oteyspeople

Adv Member

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Otey likes his big cage mobile & anything with bells, Lovey likes mirrors, my laptop with the birdies inside & her newest, a stick on outside bird feeder, and Aldo just seems to like Hubby & the iPad. Hubby put a game on, and Aldo followed the cursor & tried to eat it.

Definitely to each their own.

• Allee likes this

#7 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Ralph typically prefers things that aren't meant to be parrot toys, like plastic food storage containers, wooden dowels (which he builds with) and stainless steel nuts and bolts. But I may try out one of those bowling or basketball games and see what he thinks. At worst, he can tear it apart for fun, I suppose. biggrin.png

Edited by cnyguy, 27 March 2014 - 07:51 PM.

• Allee likes this

#8 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Maybe I'm easily amused but it's so funny. Zeke is picky about toys, this is only the second toy I've ever given him that he played with immediately without waiting days to touch it. He likes shreddable paper toys most of the time. He's still fascinated with the basketball game. :)