MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Testing Boundries?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

So, we have another followup to this post and Mr P's non stepping up behavior.

Yesterday, Mr P once again decided he didnt want to step up to come out. This time it was different, he didnt put his head down in bull charge mode and he didnt try to push my hand away, he just didnt want to step up from the perch he was on to my hand. So, just to see what would happen I allowed him to climb over my hand and hang on the side of the cage. He hung there and waited for me to reposition my hand so he could step up from there. I am unsure why he would prefer to step up from hanging on the bars of his cage rather than from his perch but this is acceptable to me.

As long as he doesnt try to bite me when my hand is in his cage or when I try to get him off the side of the cage, I can live with that.

Same behavior today, he climbed over my hand, then hung there and waited for me to have him step up onto my hand..

The bird is bi-polar. I'm sure of it.

lol like a teenager, I guess you pick and choose your battles :)

• Cindi&Jeriel likes this

#22 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Mr. P. is a very handsome boy! Very cute video.Nice play stand for him. Did he like it immediately or did it take a few days? Harry and Zeke are still ignoring their new play stands.
  • Sharyn and Mr Piggy likes this

#23 Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

This is still his old playstand. The one I bought for him is a tabletop model so he can sit in the living room with me on the coffee table while I watch TV or whatever.

I tried to put that one together myself. Once I opened the box and saw how many tools it required and how many pieces it had, I decided to just wait until after the graduation party and let my b/f put it together for me.

The playstand that Mr P is on in the video is so similar to the one that he hung out on in his foster home, that he didnt bat an eye when I put him on that one. I bought that for him the day after I got him home

We'll see how long it takes him to get used to the tabletop one! In this case, bribery normally works smile.png

Edited by Sharyn and Mr Piggy, 30 April 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#24 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Sharyn, Sharyn, Sharyn - "this is acceptable to me" -  "I can live with that" - what are you saying?  When are you going to learn that it is not about you!!!  You will have to go back to your Quaker Slave Training Manual which states clearly that it isnt about you - it is all about Mr P smile.png

#25 Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

LOL , Jan, I like to think that we can reach some sort of compromise so it can be about both of us at the same time :)

Maybe I'm fooling myself................................probably!

#26 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

I remember when I used to think like that - I eventually found out that the word "compromise" does not appear in the Quaker Slave Training Manual.  However, we all live in hope that one day that word will appear in the manual and our lives will be made that little bit easier.sad.png

• Cindi&Jeriel and Sharyn and Mr Piggy like this

#27 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

When Harry moved in, I kept telling her, "I'm the adult here, I get to be in charge." I continuously misplaced my Quaker Slave Training Manual. Almost a year later I have copies of the manual in every room and I bow to Her Majesty daily. :)

#28 Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

Today, my grandson is here. He is 5 months old. His parents will be here for my weekend festivities. My grandson spent the nite here last night, and the whole day today here, and will be here tonight as well.

Mr P was ticked off at me today. I fed the baby BEFORE I let him out of his cage. I actually left "poor" Mr P in his cage for about an hour after he woke up since I had to tend to the baby first.

Mr P watched me feed the baby. He was appalled that I would feed the baby something and not share it with him. He went ballistic in his cage.

When I was finally done tending the baby, I got Mr P's breakfast ready and put it in his playstand dish, normal morning routine.

When I walked over to Mr P's cage to let him out, he leapt onto my hand to come out. No climbing around my hand or trying to sneak out.

But then, he spend the first 30 mins out growling at the monster intruder human sitting on the floor. Or maybe he was growling at the monster intruder human's toy which lit up and made a lot of noise.

I just couldnt help being amused over the whole scenario, although I doubt Mr P felt the same way.

#29 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Clyde continually writes addenda to the Quaker Slave Training Manual and is fond of pop quizzes on the new material, which of course, he hasn't shown me until I fail the pop quiz. Yesterday after work, when I went into the Birdcage to report in, he waved his foot at me and I picked him up and put him on my left shoulder (that's his throne, never the right) and he and I reviewed the troops. Mind you, I had greeted him. I had kissed him. I had put him on the correct shoulder. First we reviewed the snails, who have multiplied alarmingly, which I pointed out to him. Then we reviewed Maggie, who was frantically woo-wooing on the washing machine. I kissed Maggie. BONK. Clyde is a fan of corporal punishment and I had not requested permission to kiss Maggie so he whacked me in the head. I mistakenly thought we were operating under the former rules, which were that as long as he got kissed first, installed upon The Shoulder and talked to the whole time, I could greet the other birds. No, the new rule is I may speak to them but not touch and definitely not kiss. We reviewed Jade, who wanted to chuck me on the chin, but she and I know that is not allowed when His Highness is enthroned. We moved on to the court jesters Freddie and Johnny but had to pause to quiet the frantic buzzing of Benjy the Acolyte, who had been trying to land on Mama for several minutes already. Benjy landed on my hand but it was the same hand that is attached to The Shoulder and BONK. Apparently that's not allowed now, either. Benjy had to be scraped off onto a perch. Unfortunately, he was not happy with the perch and moved to Jade's cage, where she took out her annoyance at Clyde on him and had to be scolded for pecking him. Benjy and I both scolded her. 

Now we can review Freddie and Johnny, except I forgot again and bent to kiss Freddie and BONK. At this point, Clyde was entirely disgusted with me and flew back to his boing.

#30 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Sharyn, that poor neglected little bird, having to wait until you fed that silly baby before he got his meal. No wonder he jumped right out and didn't challenge you. You're trying to REPLACE him with that featherless little human chick!

And today Charlie has now started laughing and chuckling when we do, and it reminded me of Mr. P's video.....every time we would laugh and chuckle he would repeat and add a chuckle or two at the end.....He had us cracking up.

• Cindi&Jeriel and Sharyn and Mr Piggy like this

#31 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Siobhan, I laughed so much at your post, that I cried.  Not so good when one is at work.  I didnt realise that the Manual could change at a moment's notice.