MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

So Happy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

I'm so happy that I walked into the PetValu today, and met Casey's Mom, she gave me great advice on how to re tam e my Quaker Kiwi, I haven't been able to take him out of his cage or hold him since last April, when I went to Jamaica for a week, he became really vicious, and would hiss and bite me when I even changed his food and water. I've felt so bad because I haven't been able to handle him, and I felt sorry for him not being able to come out of the cage or be handled. I never thought I would be able to handle him again. Casey's Mom gave me a lesson on how to cut the flight scissors, and I successfully did that today. I took him out of his cage with a towel, and had my son help me cut his flight wings, then I placed him on the couch, I talked to him, and he let me pet his head, and his back, he's still trying to nip me when I try to get him to step up, but it's a great start, I never thought I'd get him to do this again. Thank you so much Casey's Mom for your advice and suggestions, and for taking the time to show me how to trim his flight feathers. I appreciate this so much, and with time everyday, I should be able to retame him.
I never thought that I would have success so quickly.

Attached Files

#2 Casey's Mom

Casey's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

I am so glad it worked!!!  Great pictures showing Kiwi already being friendlier!  biggrin.png