MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 easttex

easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Hi,
I recently adopted an older Quaker, Peppy, who is supposed to be 21. His owner died and a relative brought him to a friend of mine, a wildlife rehabilitator. (She can't refuse anyone's request for help. :) ) The relative said he was never out of his cage, and subsisted on cockatiel seeds. I don't know the truth about his diet, as he has been open to trying other things. The being caged all the time part I do believe, though. He is in a flimsy piece of rubbish, basically, and I'm anxious to get him moved into new digs. I'll be posting soon, and probably often, to more appropriate parts of this forum for advice.

In addition to Peppy, I have a sweet 12 year old Congo African grey, Allie, also rehomed.

I'm looking forward to getting everyone's insights into Quakers!

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

Welcome to you, Peppy and Allie! smile.png It sounds like Peppy will get all the care and attention he deserves in his new home with you. Do feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

#3 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Hello there and Welcome! I hope Peppy is settling in and making new friends. So kind to give a loving home to an older bird with a sad past. You are probably right about the food, if he's open to trying new things, I hope you're right and he's had a better diet than described. I know he will love a bigger, better cage and attention. :)

Love your grey's name! :)